What did you do in the garden today?

TropicalBabies

Crowing
Jun 12, 2018
Hawaii
View attachment 2025515
Just :love Those chickies,,,,I would keep all of the ferals and domesticate them:thumbsup
Mama looks like a Red, Jungle Fowl hen I had many years ago.
Agreed! I find the two 1/2 wilds that i have now are so independent and resourceful, can be a bit of a pain and you might as well not have them most of the time- except I love the geezers outta them and their little eggs are good. So taking on a full(???!!! 😵🥴) would be a little crazy. Egg collection from my two is like an Easter egg hunt as it is. I find maybe 10-20 eggs and then they go broody. The one I have is sitting on my BR, Orp and Brahma's eggs, so excited!!!

penny1960

Coffee Club
Premium member
Dec 29, 2015
Mossyrock, WA
Ive had 4 dreams past 2 weeks of tillin an planting....... on the realistic side i found an awesome deal on soft flexible tie wire for plants at the dollar tree shockingly. 16.5ft for a $1!!!!! Anywhere else ive seen it it was atleast 5$. I bought 4 hahah.

they have had it a few years have several backup...Welcome to the gardeners thread...
Hey seeds came from little shop of seeds yup little plastic envelopes .. Raining again here what else huh

BReeder!

Free Ranging
Mar 12, 2018
Plainfield, IL
My Coop
My Coop
they have had it a few years have several backup...Welcome to the gardeners thread...
Hey seeds came from little shop of seeds yup little plastic envelopes .. Raining again here what else huh
I will be interested top know how your seeds from Little Shop of Seeds develop since I have seeds from them too.

igorsMistress

In the middle
Premium member
6 Years
Apr 9, 2013
My Coop
My Coop
Good morning gardeners. @karenerwin great news about your mom, I'm so happy she's doing well. @BReeder! Good luck with carrots this year. We have the scarlet nantes variety and they are fantastic. @TropicalBabies love the pics, thanks for sharing.

According to the gauge in my yard we got an inch of rain from the storm Monday night. I planted 3 pots of dill and thought the freezing temps had killed the seedlings but they're all fine. The nasturtiums are starting to sprout, super happy about that as I want to try adding the flowers to salads this summer. I'd also like to try stuffed squash flowers if the seeds ever germinate, there's only one sprout so far. I started another celery plant from some I got at the store, it's currently on the windowsill in my living room. This weekend we're supposed to be back to the low 70s. We're planning to trim the mesquite trees out front and stack the debris for bulk trash later this month. Next year we're going to have an arborist look at the one that sort of fell over and decide whether to cut it down or not. Don't want it to get blown over when it gets big. Have a great weekend everyone, and happy Friday!

Wee Farmer Sarah

Free Ranging
Oct 8, 2018
North Central Massachusetts
Good morning and Happy Valentine's Day! The high today is 26F that happened 2 hours ago. It's 22F now and will fall to around 0F or minus something. Just one cold day then warming up a bit. We got 3 inches of slush yesterday. It actually helped to melt some of the ice in the back yard. But yesterday was a good day. While I was shoveling the slush in the driveway the mail carrier drove up and delivered my little Bay Laurel "bush." I really need to buy some dirt now. I was worried it would be delivered when I wasn't around and then have to sit in the cold. But it's fine and perky looking. That was the extent of my gardening for the day. I checked my Gurneys order and my Lingonberry plants won't get here until April or May. Last year I believe I planted Danvers Half Long carrots. The seeds I have now are a Nantes hybrid that only get to 6 or 7 inches long. Hopefully they will do well, if not I'll go back to the other since they actually produced carrots. Here's a shot of my newest addition to the herb garden. It's nearly 4 inches tall. Have a great day everyone.
Bay Laurel.JPG

Wee Farmer Sarah

Free Ranging
Oct 8, 2018
North Central Massachusetts
Good morning and happy Valentine’s Day! Cold but blue skies.

made my standard Valentines breakfast of dark chocolate waffles, homemade vanilla bean and white chocolate custard. Toppings of dark chocolate sprinkles, strawberries, and chocolate syrup.
View attachment 2026060
I should have come to your house for breakfast. Sure beats oatmeal and prunes. LOL! Looks very tasty.

Top Bottom