What did you do in the garden today?

1581625210282.png

Just :love Those chickies,,,,I would keep all of the ferals and domesticate them:thumbsup
Mama looks like a Red, Jungle Fowl hen I had many years ago.

View attachment 2025515
Just :love Those chickies,,,,I would keep all of the ferals and domesticate them:thumbsup
Interesting! I'll get you some more photos and would love some thought on IDing. I often wonder. Keeping...no. But my half wild is sitting on 1/2 wild eggs.

The Red Jungle Fowl roosters are Fabulously Colorful and cute :) . I cant keep roosters where I live. The hens are less colorful, but are very Wild Smart. Meaning, they can forage and survive on whatever they find to eat. The regular domestic LF, chicken would not survive in the wild very long. They need to be fed regularly like most of out livestock.
Benefit of domestic chickens,,,, They feed us humans with eggs, and ,,, well, meat.
Feral, and Jungle fowl, do not produce as many eggs, as the developed domesticated.

View attachment 2025515
Agreed! I find the two 1/2 wilds that i have now are so independent and resourceful, can be a bit of a pain and you might as well not have them most of the time- except I love the geezers outta them and their little eggs are good. So taking on a full(???!!! 😵🥴) would be a little crazy. Egg collection from my two is like an Easter egg hunt as it is. I find maybe 10-20 eggs and then they go broody. The one I have is sitting on my BR, Orp and Brahma's eggs, so excited!!!

Ive had 4 dreams past 2 weeks of tillin an planting....... on the realistic side i found an awesome deal on soft flexible tie wire for plants at the dollar tree shockingly. 16.5ft for a $1!!!!! Anywhere else ive seen it it was atleast 5$. I bought 4 hahah.

they have had it a few years have several backup...Welcome to the gardeners thread...
Hey seeds came from little shop of seeds yup little plastic envelopes .. Raining again here what else huh

they have had it a few years have several backup...Welcome to the gardeners thread...
Hey seeds came from little shop of seeds yup little plastic envelopes .. Raining again here what else huh
I will be interested top know how your seeds from Little Shop of Seeds develop since I have seeds from them too.

Good morning gardeners. @karenerwin great news about your mom, I'm so happy she's doing well. @BReeder! Good luck with carrots this year. We have the scarlet nantes variety and they are fantastic. @TropicalBabies love the pics, thanks for sharing.

According to the gauge in my yard we got an inch of rain from the storm Monday night. I planted 3 pots of dill and thought the freezing temps had killed the seedlings but they're all fine. The nasturtiums are starting to sprout, super happy about that as I want to try adding the flowers to salads this summer. I'd also like to try stuffed squash flowers if the seeds ever germinate, there's only one sprout so far. I started another celery plant from some I got at the store, it's currently on the windowsill in my living room. This weekend we're supposed to be back to the low 70s. We're planning to trim the mesquite trees out front and stack the debris for bulk trash later this month. Next year we're going to have an arborist look at the one that sort of fell over and decide whether to cut it down or not. Don't want it to get blown over when it gets big. Have a great weekend everyone, and happy Friday!

Back
Top Bottom