What did you do in the garden today?

@Acre4Me I meant to tell you that we have the same thing going on with yellow jackets right now. :mad:

A couple weeks ago we saw something dug up an in ground nest right on the edge of the house. I was glad something besides me found it! I guess they didn't move too far out - I found them under the siding, under the window sill. The opening is tiny so I'm having a problem spraying & getting it in there good so I can't kill them & they haven't moved on yet. I'll just keep spraying till they leave & then caulk it up I guess. Nasty, mean little buggers.

That was an autocorrect attack.
I got sooo tired of autocorrect that I turned it off. Any typos on the phone are mine.

Yeah, so it's faster not to have to type out words, but I know what I want to say. I don't want some tiny little device in my hand to think for me. I am Old and Set in My Ways.

@Acre4Me I meant to tell you that we have the same thing going on with yellow jackets right now. :mad:

A couple weeks ago we saw something dug up an in ground nest right on the edge of the house. I was glad something besides me found it! I guess they didn't move too far out - I found them under the siding, under the window sill. The opening is tiny so I'm having a problem spraying & getting it in there good so I can't kill them & they haven't moved on yet. I'll just keep spraying till they leave & then caulk it up I guess. Nasty, mean little buggers.
Yes, they are terrible! And their holes are so small!! They did chew through exterior wall board/converting that was under the cedar shake in several areas, and they did damage to the wall insulation (and the underlying drywall too). That is why we ended up removing everything to re-do it all. Of course, it was a finite space that was different from the rest of the house exterior, so it was ok and manageable. Good luck -I hope you can keep them away!

I got sooo tired of autocorrect that I turned it off. Any typos on the phone are mine.

Yeah, so it's faster not to have to type out words, but I know what I want to say. I don't want some tiny little device in my hand to think for me. I am Old and Set in My Ways.
I turn it off too. At least my spelling mistakes are readable, sometimes auto correct just changes the entire word to something else & then it makes 0 sense. Like anal pumpkins. :lau

I disconnected the beans from the ground and harvested all the decorative corn yesterday.

Hummingbirds have been out and about today as they migrate south, so the weedy zinnia patch stays, as to the sunflowers.

Our digital thermostat broke yesterday, so no AC going today and phew, too hot and muggy to do anything outside and not come into the cold air for relief.

The thermostat is still under it's 5 year umbrella, so the tech will be here sometime tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom