What did you do in the garden today?

Freezing fog this morning. Heading to 45 though.
Unmotivated to do anything, but managed a sewn, french seam pencil case this morning in the sewing room.
I have the worse trouble this time of year caring about anything, add arthritis in my hands to that, darkness, cold, blah.

Anyone looking for a good, albeit a gut punch, movie on Netflix - The Bombardment
Fun movie Extinct
Good British comedy Still Game or Derry Girls

Anyone else have recommendations? I have the computer or the TV on while I work in the sewing room or on the looms.
1672420839110.png

I got 3 seed catalogs in the mail & they went right into recycle! No garden for me this year.

I would have to be really tanked to eat Tilapia :sick
I like Tilapia but won’t eat it because, well, you know. My local fish monger will not carry it. But cod - OMG cod scarred me for life when I was young with all its worms. I won’t eat it to this day. I asked my monger about it & he said oh yes, super wormy fish but he has never found a worm in his as what he sources comes from well off shore so they aren’t bottom feeding on nastiness. While I believe him, I bought salmon instead. 😂
Unmotivated to do anything, but managed a sewn, french seam pencil case this morning in the sewing room.
I have the worse trouble this time of year caring about anything, add arthritis in my hands to that, darkness, cold, blah.

Anyone looking for a good, albeit a gut punch, movie on Netflix - The Bombardment
Fun movie Extinct

Anyone else have recommendations? I have the computer or the TV on while I work in the sewing room or on the looms.
View attachment 3362147
Thank you for the recommendations! I’m off work for 12 weeks in the middle of winter so I’m always looking for something good! I don’t know what stuff you like but we enjoyed Dopesick recently - it’s about the opioid epidemic & Perdue Pharma. Wasn’t anything I thought we would like, but it was eye opening. & I love Michael Keaton.

Very nice out, warm & sunny.

Fun movie Extinct

View attachment 3362147
Knives out, and they just released a second movie, Glass Onion.

Fun movie Extinct

View attachment 3362147
That’s beautiful but it makes me cold!

I’ve given in to the darkness the last few days, all my shows have been violent and depressing. We’ve had lots of clouds, supposed to rain Sunday but it’s still wet outside from the last storm. Not that I’m complaining, I actually enjoy it while we get it.

Well, I just spent a stupid amount of time putting together a little spreadsheet that will tell me when to sow my seeds and when my stuff should be ready to harvest. I have documented this stuff in various ways in the past but always seem to lose it. 😂 When I actually put stuff in the garden, I will document harvest dates out there too so I have it in TWO places this time. I'll adjust the Sow date to the ACTUAL dates but these are my current dates to shoot for. After everything is in the ground, I'll re-sort by Harvest date and make sure I add in any starts I buy in the spring.

Screenshot 2022-12-30 145218.jpg

Back
Top Bottom