What did you do in the garden today?

I'm making plans/preparing for my first plant sale in May. Is anyone else planning a sale?

Reminder: I bought out my neighbor of her plant sale signs and lots of supplies last year when she moved. Her customers will recognize her signs and come back to the sale right next door to the old location!

So next I will --
1) physically sort and group my seeds by "X weeks to LAST frost" adding a few weeks to that since I have a large greenhouse to keep them in until sale and to account for any hiccups along the way.
2) order any seeds varieties I still need to get (I've already ordered/received most of them)
3) order and set up additional lights for my existing shelves.
4) paint existing signs with space for updated time/location
More steps to come... join me in planning if you like...

EDIT--- I might make this into it's own thread.

Last edited:
I love both my local feed stores. 1 carries everything out for you & the other you go in & pay & then drive around back & they load everything into your car wether its feed, shavings or bales of straw. Can’t beat that!

Tractor supply doesn’t carry any feed I’m interested in here anyway & it’s more expensive so I stick with my 2 local owned stores.

So I got most of the onions chopped, just need to vacuum seal them in smaller packets & freeze them. I got a gallon ziplock done, probably have another half of that left to do. I didn’t have it in me to make onion soup, I can’t stand long enough to caramelize them. Course now all I want is onion soup. 😂 I have a recipe for onion soup chicken thighs that I’m going to try with my frozen, caramelized onions I made at harvest, that should fix the craving.

I can't believe it, all this time I thought I was growing determinate Hybrid Roma tomatoes, they turn out to be the indeterminate local cherry tomato instead. I was taking the suckers off the wrong plant, the label got switched. Its going to be a mess.

I was thinking about extending the height of the two end post with a 90 elbow on both ends and run a pvc across. Then maybe throw over a cheap plastic bird netting to support the the plants with a string running across like I have been doing, while thinking that they were determinate plants.

On second thought, instead of bird netting, I'll use those cheap 4 inch spaced hole netting they use for vines.

Last edited:
I can't believe it, all this time I thought I was growing determinate Hybrid Roma tomatoes, they turn out to be the indeterminate local cherry tomato instead. I was taking the suckers off the wrong plant, the label got switched. Its going to be a mess.

I was thinking about extending the height of the two end post with a 90 elbow on both ends and run a pvc across. Then maybe throw over a cheap plastic bird netting to support the the plants with a string running across like I have been doing, while thinking that they were determinate plants.
At least you have a plan to deal with it. IDK if PVC or Rebar is less expensive/availavle where you are but I've seen a "trellis to make you jealous" on David the Good YT channel (I think) that uses PVC -Ts (instead of the elbows you are thinking of) with rebar or conduit (could be anything like that) running thru the T's and mounted on top of T-posts (could be any upright). Then it's easier if you need to do an intermediate support or extend the system.

Oh yeah, this was waiting for me when I got home too.... 🥰

20230120_153009.jpg

I'm making plans/preparing for my first plant sale in May. Is anyone else planning a sale?

Reminder: I bought out my neighbor of her plant sale signs and lots of supplies last year when she moved. Her customers will recognize her signs and come back to the sale right next door to the old location!

So next I will --
1) physically sort and group my seeds by "X weeks to first frost" adding a few weeks to that since I have a large greenhouse to keep them in until sale and to account for any hiccups along the way.
2) order any seeds varieties I still need to get (I've already ordered/received most of them)
3) order and set up additional lights for my existing shelves.
4) paint existing signs with space for updated time/location
More steps to come... join me in planning if you like...

EDIT--- I might make this into it's own thread.
I do an annual sale Memorial Day Weekend.

Back
Top Bottom