What did you do in the garden today?

What did I do in the garden today?
Walked around it admiring my awesome new bed of walking onions!
Thanks NanaKat!
They're already loaded with little onions!
View attachment 1061573
So glad you like them. You will have them for years to come.
I just finished making a new bed with the little walking onions....and pickled some I didn't plant as cocktail onions.
Did the same with the garlic...German Red, American Liberty gar-leek and an Elephant garlic.
Finally getting enough tomatoes to share with family.
Pickled beets yesterday and started brining the SourSweet pickles so I could can them this morning.
We have chicks hatching yesterday and today so I moved the two week olds out to the barn brooder so I could clean the inside brooder for the new babies. This is my last hatch until fall so now I can clean the cabinet incubator.

This week I've had to set up the field camera to try to catch the predator killing some of my chickens. So far had captured pictures of a coyote in my garden eating some fallen pears. But this morning, after a 4/10 inch rain, I found fresh raccoon tracks INSIDE my 2x4 hardware wire welded frame chicken run! My BIL closely inspected the frame and found a 4 inch gap at the barn roofline that I will cover today.

My allotment!

Attachments

• IMG_20170629091401_1.jpg
    IMG_20170629091401_1.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 5
A rat has decided that he wants my first cantaloupe so it is now covered with a plastic ice cream bucket and I'm on rat watch with the 22. .

I HATE RATS..
they are my beast of burden right now.
They make a 22 rat shot. You can't miss with it. But it hits everything around it as well. I am catching them with live traps consistently.
:barnie

View attachment 1061588 View attachment 1061589 View attachment 1061590 View attachment 1061591
Wet wet wet. Y'all can see why I'm doing a French drain under my pavers as I extend the patio. So today I harvested and took pics.

I'm also working on a dry creek bed from the pond down to the drain we already have past the mini teepee. The red tub is turned upside down over it in the second pic. That is one edge of the property close to the house. The pond is further back and at a higher elevation. Overflow currently gets channeled mostly behind the teepee bed, but obviously some is still draining down the frontside. The new drain will fix that, and the dry creek bed will keep most runoff/overflow contained.

Dang that's a lot more digging left to go! I have to look at it one little bit at a time to avoid feeling overwhelmed.

Back
Top Bottom