What did you do in the garden today?

Finished with the assembly of everything but air pump. I love the green house roof without sides right now because I was able to do this out in the rain in the middle of the night. So even when I am not using it as a green house it does give me a dry area outside to get work done.

I took the lid to the clear bin and cut out the middle then I fixed it to the lid with he 1 inch holes.

IMG_6852.JPG

And this allows me to lock the clear bin on top for a humidity dome.

IMG_6853.JPG

I put my insomnia to good use.

(side note, I may have to put a vent on this but I will cross that bridge when i get to it)

Finished with the assembly of everything but air pump. I love the green house roof without sides right now because I was able to do this out in the rain in the middle of the night. So even when I am not using it as a green house it does give me a dry area outside to get work done.

I took the lid to the clear bin and cut out the middle then I fixed it to the lid with he 1 inch holes.

View attachment 2347389

And this allows me to lock the clear bin on top for a humidity dome.

View attachment 2347390
I put my insomnia to good use.

(side note, I may have to put a vent on this but I will cross that bridge when i get to it)
Looks great! I look forward to hearing how it works out.

Good morming gardeners. I closed on my refinance yesterday,woo hoo. Can't wait to get started on my kitchen remodel. Now that all that stress is over with I can get back to work. I picked what I'm sure is the last of the green beans this morning. Clearly the chipmunks do not like the endive so I need to water it. There are still several jalapenos developing as well. The four little butternut squashes are hanging in there. I'm hoping they will ripen a little more while it's still warm. One of my okra plants looks like it's still trying to produce, so that will get some water today as well. And I do need to get my BES in the dirt. Your home made hydroponic setup gives me an idea for starting seeds next Spring @Compost King. Not totally clear how I will do it but it will give me something to contemplate over the winter. You know @Sueby, I've never pruned that hydrangea, so maybe I will whack it down and saturate with bonemeal and see what happens next Spring. Your pumpkin looks more like a Halloween gourd. Pretty spooky as is. Not much else going on now. Have a great day and happy harvesting.

Off with that Hydrangeas head Sarah!!

I love making compost. I do the slow version too, but it's still awesome to make something so good for the garden from what would have been waste. I always felt horrible throwing away cauli cores & ends of cukes, etc - now not so much! My grandmother used to put all of her scraps & eggshells in the blender & pour it on the plants! I was little so I don't remember how often she did it or if there was more to it, but I just remember her sending me out to pour it on the roses!

I grabbed a few pics of the day...
I have figs! Had one last night.
View attachment 2346951

Tons of green Brandyboys - hard to tell but they are just starting to turn, they should do well in the next week or 2 as it should stay pretty warm.
View attachment 2346952

Can't believe this one champion squash is still producing! Again, with the warm, I should be able to harvest all of them. (I don't even have it in me to treat the powdery mildew, lol)
View attachment 2346953

The green beans are about done! These were the first ones planted, behind are the 2nd round & they're still green but full of worms. :sick
View attachment 2346954

My crazy pumpkin. 💕
View attachment 2346955
That’s a cool lookin pumpkin Sueby!

My crazy pumpkin. 💕
I love the pumpkins with the warty things. We normally go out to a pumpkin patch and pick out a bunch of assorted squash and pumpkins, I think I've found a place about 45 minutes away where we can do that here.
I closed on my refinance yesterday,woo hoo.
Oh congratulations! We sold our house last year and it was such a relief to be done with all of that.
Morning Gardeners raining here still will go out in rubber boots
Yup, raining here too, makes garden work less appealing but we're thrilled to have the rain.

I picked my first san marzano this morning, not ripe yet but I didn't want to risk losing it to rot. I will plant them next year but in one (or more) of the beds for sure. I have so many plans for next year. I might put one tomato in each of the beds besides the 1 and a half beds devoted to tomatoes. As for this fall/winter, I have garlic sets ordered from burpee but the dorks sent me an email/ad to "ORDER GARLIC NOW BEFORE IT'S ALL GONE!" but all of the ones in their ad are out of stock. wth? I sent them a reply asking just that but that was just for fun, I don't expect an answer. The batch of zucchini fritters we had for dinner last night was so good, I'll probably give store bought zucs a try for the recipe while they're out of season. Next season I am hoarding them, no more giving them away. Just kidding, once they start producing I can't keep up and it's too fun giving them to folks.

Back
Top Bottom