What did you do in the garden today?

Planted kale, carrots, radishes, lettuce and rainbow chard in the big garden. I got my fuel oil delivery. The septic tank pumper will be here tomorrow so I plan to dig up the entry cap after the eclipse. I took the dogs out and checked on the chickens. All but one were just laying around the chicken run. I found the missing hen protecting an egg. The eclipse has started. I took a peek with the special glasses. Only a little “bite” was missing. More work to do inside.

Beautiful day here. Raccoon dug up 2 of my persimmon trees. Found 1 and replanted it.:rantPhoebe nest build. They use mo
DSCN1341.JPG
DSCN1337.JPG
ss as do Carolina wrens. Purple coneflower showing life but no seeds up yet.

Beautiful day here. Raccoon dug up 2 of my persimmon trees. Found 1 and replanted it.:rantPhoebe nest build. They use moView attachment 3795361View attachment 3795363ss as do Carolina wrens. Purple coneflower showing life but no seeds up yet.
I have a Carolina Wren who built a nest in an old flower pot on a shelf in my garage. This is the 2nd year in a row that she has done that... 😂 Last year she picked an old mailbox that was on the top shelf. Threw it away so she found a new spot this year.

20240408_143346.jpg

I have a Carolina Wren who built a nest in an old flower pot on a shelf in my garage. This is the 2nd year in a row that she has done that... 😂 Last year she picked an old mailbox that was on the top shelf. Threw it away so she found a new spot this year.

View attachment 3795592
One year I went to use the funnel I use for diesel and there was a Wren nest. No eggs so I removed. I guess he was thinking the fumes would keep the mites away:confused:

Just past the most of the eclipse here. Almost 95%. Temperature drop was very noticeable.
It was! It was a beautiful sunny day & it got a little chilly for a few minutes.
Full eclipse here. My chickens were so confused. They were out free ranging. As soon as we were at full blackout, suddenly you see a huge mass of birds (I have 65 chickens) RUNNING across the pasture towards their coop... 😂🤣😂🤣

View attachment 3795603
Too funny! I was so curious to see what the chickens would do - they kind of just hung around outside the coop like they do for the half hour before it's time to go in but we were only at 93% so it didn't get very dark.

Back
Top Bottom