What did you do in the garden today?

I turned a hard to mow area into poultry yard a few years ago. I noticed the next year only a couple ragweed and no cleavers or burdock. None of those the last few years..in that area, everywhere else it is growing. I have seen the turkeys eating the ragweed seeds. Snakeweed is taking over though.

I had to google snakeweed. just to find out I've got tons of it.

My driveway is 3 cars wide and almost 400 yards long.
We tried the salt, vinegar, dish soap thing one year. Didn't work.
Ditto. The gravel driveway is about 400 feet long. Tried vinegar, salt, Dawn & then an Orange oil but nutsedges, Bermuda grass & Johnsongrass still thrive. They may turn brown & appear dead but they resprout.

It’s going to take a while to recover, I react badly to almost all pain medication, so the first few weeks after an operation are kind of miserable, I really envy people who recover in a tilidine “fog” and have little or no pain , me, my blood pressure crashes, I get sick to my stomach and other stuff, so none of the good stuff for me 🙄
That’s a struggle! I hope the pain subsides quickly for you.

I've just replanted my green beans out of 15 only 3 came up. My pole beans and cuke starts had to be replanted also.
I'm doing the same for chard. First planting: 2/15. Soaked the seed the second time and 2/14. I bought a different packet and have 20 seeds soaking right now.
My friend tried growing luffa last year too, if she had had any surplus, we would have gotten some from her, but…I think only 3 germinated and she only harvested 1 luffa
Last year I started 4, lost 3 to frost, and got 1 luffa. This year, I have higher hopes.

One person said the thistle here is from Canada it is worst when it is allowed to bloom make 10 new ones.
Saw some in the chicken yard will not be raining a few days.
I know them, they are so hard to get rid of!!! And beware the poor animal which gets them in their fur 😬 you have to cut them out, they even cling to your skin 🙄

On my day off I was supposed to weed garden and weed eat paths! The strong storm last night put that off!
I need to bring my bigger basket w me bc we are get cucumbers and squash steadily.
Okra blossoms. I love them bc they remind me of hibiscus.
Happy Memorial Day .

Attachments

• IMG_7756.jpeg
    IMG_7756.jpeg
    501.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7755.jpeg
    IMG_7755.jpeg
    714.5 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom