What did you do with your flock today?

What I was getting at they know what the dog will do so separate them .. I have two dogs that will kill but a 8 foot wire keeps them apart, One stacked on the other.
I love the dogs still I made a commitment to them for life.

They made a mistake owner and dog accept get the dog back own up to your pain. He did what he what the fear or breed ? told him.

Oh wow @FBMcrazy8 & @kurby22 just absolutely sh*t news. I am so sorry for you both- I feel your pain. I guess there are always lessons learned ♡

@kurby will/did you get Lily sent out to be tested? Just absolutely crazy you suffering another loss on an outward appearing healthy girl. I'm so sorry.

@FBMcrazy8 you just took the biggest hit on multiple levels. That dog is lucky you cared enough about it to give it away. I'm sure you were/are besides yourself with grief. I am sooooo sorry :hugs
If I can send them in on Monday I will try to, I know after a certain number of days they don’t take them 😢 Never happens on a day when it’s easy to do it. It’s been crummy 😢😢 and gonna be over 100 every day this week 😩😩

What I was getting at they know what the dog will do so separate them .. I have two dogs that will kill but a 8 foot wire keeps them apart, One stacked on the other.
I love the dogs still I made a commitment to them for life.

They made a mistake owner and dog accept get the dog back own up to your pain. He did what he what the fear or breed ? told him.
Perhaps it would be different if only a couple birds were killed, but from my understanding, she lost over a dozen birds. : (
While my dogs have never hurt my birds, I know I would be absolutely sick if they did. Given the situation, I think she made the best decision for herself, the future safety of her flock, and the dog.

I agree with what @tropical said, while rehoming the dog sucks, on top of an already terrible situation, she deserves to go to a loving home without birds, and FBM deserves to continue raising birds without fear of another attack.

Sonny has a few more FP scabs on her comb today, but so far everyone looks the same. It looks like my betadine is no longer good, so I might pick up some regular iodine after all. Idk when that’ll be, but in the meantime she and Cher will continue to get Neo.

I can’t believe how big the Noodles are getting! I picked up Squirrel and she did a fake tap, so I might be getting eggs in another few weeks. I’m super excited to see what colors they lay, especially since I’ve never gotten EEs from this place before. And since they’re so different from each other. <3
60CB2BA5-CB2B-424B-9665-8087AF28830D.jpeg

Sonny has a few more FP scabs on her comb today, but so far everyone looks the same. It looks like my betadine is no longer good, so I might pick up some regular iodine after all. Idk when that’ll be, but in the meantime she and Cher will continue to get Neo.

I can’t believe how big the Noodles are getting! I picked up Squirrel and she did a fake tap, so I might be getting eggs in another few weeks. I’m super excited to see what colors they lay, especially since I’ve never gotten EEs from this place before. And since they’re so different from each other. <3
View attachment 3222398
Such a nice picture! Your birds look so happy, curious and relaxed. ❤️

I worked on my little coops...think they'll be breeding pens, re-home pens or whatevers needed at the moment. 🤷‍♀️
Two 4x6 and one 2x6. Good thing most my birds are small...hope they'll be as useful as I think they will.
20220813_160358.jpg

We had a storm rolling over us with no actual rain...just the threat. So I put away my tools and visited my dwarfs before I went in. Caught one of the pullets in the nest box so I know we have some new layers.
20220813_162451.jpg

Said hello to the rest of the birds. Think Flower wants treats.
20220813_161302.jpg

Gave the tortoise some weeds and laughed at him and Goosebumps tandem eating.
20220813_160514.jpg
20220813_160512.jpg

Said hi to Jazzy.
20220812_135441.jpg

And now it's time to head in and get some house stuff done.

Hope everyone's evenings are good. ❤️

Ouch @PJ that is pretty harsh. One, I don't think there is a child that would mutilate a flock for fun and if there was the kid would need some serious help. Like, future serial killer help. So you are comparing apples to turnips.

I think the best thing for the pup is to have a chance at another home. Many people would have killed the dog so I respect her restraint during a very horrifyingly time.

IMO the wisest thing is to get that pup to people w/o a flock to live its fullest life. Beautiful dog like that will be adopted out quickly. @FBMcrazy8 is wise not to set herself up for another loss. She made her choice and personally I agree with her.
Thank you! I love that dog so much and it was a REALLY hard choice but one that HAD to be made. When we got her, she was a pup but for the 6 months of her life she didn’t have ANY human interaction according to the lady we got her from. The lady she was selling her from wasn’t able to get around well and was on a farm. But she was skittish of ppl. She took to me fast. We don’t know if any of that has anything to do with it, but our Rottweiler has shown no interest at all with them and didn’t get out of her kennel while we were gone. Unfortunately, having animals comes tough choices and I did feel that she had to go to another family. She had taste of their blood and it wouldn’t be long before she was at it again or at a neighbors house killing their chickens. And there are a few and she has been the escape artist in the outside kennel as well and has been taking off. I would rather her not get killed at the hands of someone because she killed their flock.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom