What did you make from your garden today?

Pics
123_2.jpeg

Our cucumbers have gone mad, so we have been pickling, mustard pickles, extra sour garlic and dill pickles and bread and butter pickles so far. Tomatoes should be ripening soon, then we will be canning sauce.

Bried okra. That's blackend & fried okra. No slime there.

I haven't tried Okra since I was a kid and can't really remember what it tastes like. I think we will have to try to plant some and see. It always sounds good.

I haven't tried Okra since I was a kid and can't really remember what it tastes like. I think we will have to try to plant some and see. It always sounds good.
Okra is often a love or hate vegetable. We love it. Understanding the different ways it can be prepared is a must for some of us. We like it fried, simmered on top of field peas, pickled, cooked with tomatoes and onion, any way but raw.

Fried Cabbage, onions, yellow and zucchini squash and rustic mashed new taters. With some homemade rabbit smoked sausage. have some rabbit legs browned off and in the oven just about ready.. just have to make some onion gravy to put on rabbit and taters.. all produced on my homestead plus the local Mennonite sweet butter is from just a mile down the road..

Attachments

• CEBCF1C5-0018-4252-AF53-DDFA486C3F44.jpeg
    CEBCF1C5-0018-4252-AF53-DDFA486C3F44.jpeg
    433.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 48992C54-DBBC-48CA-977E-7E50B7C0AF13.jpeg
    48992C54-DBBC-48CA-977E-7E50B7C0AF13.jpeg
    548.8 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom