What did your chickens do today?

My 3 month old amber links we're in the other coop hovered around the best boxes. There is no best box for them yet very soon though. The 3 older girls we're just relaxing in the run. My lol babes running around in the brooder!

Yesterday my hens were out and about as usual, when one of them spotted a robin with a fat worm hanging out of its' beak.
If it had been another hen with the worm the game would be on, however I think she just wasn't sure about the robin.
The robin kept walking up the driveway with the hen following a respectful distance behind, her head cocked at a funny angle,
trying to figure it out. Finally the robin flew up onto a gate and just sat there for the longest time, worm dangling, hen below, watching.
I think robin was teasing her.

Chickens today are being chickens! They hear me before they see me and are waiting at the run door when I turn the corner - waiting for a treat of fresh clover. Gave them some strawberries today and they didn't seem to like them. Liked the bread better. Greedy creatures - they are always wanting a treat! Mmmm...guess I wouldn't turn one down, either!

Wish they would lay more eggs.15 hens, average of 8-9 eggs per day. Is that unusual? They are pretty big eggs. Don't know how old the hens are. I need to learn how to cluck so I can ask them! (I think I've been hanging around the coop too much...
tongue.png
)

Yesterday my hens were out and about as usual, when one of them spotted a robin with a fat worm hanging out of its' beak.
If it had been another hen with the worm the game would be on, however I think she just wasn't sure about the robin.
The robin kept walking up the driveway with the hen following a respectful distance behind, her head cocked at a funny angle,
trying to figure it out. Finally the robin flew up onto a gate and just sat there for the longest time, worm dangling, hen below, watching.
I think robin was teasing her.
Maybe they'll make friends with each other and share!

Chickens today are being chickens! They hear me before they see me and are waiting at the run door when I turn the corner - waiting for a treat of fresh clover. Gave them some strawberries today and they didn't seem to like them. Liked the bread better. Greedy creatures - they are always wanting a treat! Mmmm...guess I wouldn't turn one down, either!

Wish they would lay more eggs.15 hens, average of 8-9 eggs per day. Is that unusual? They are pretty big eggs. Don't know how old the hens are. I need to learn how to cluck so I can ask them! (I think I've been hanging around the coop too much...
tongue.png
)
lol hahaha :D

I work in the produce department at a grocery store, I brought home some treats for the ladies! The rooster told them he got it for them....I let him think it.

D.gif
I was so happy when my rooster Hodge learned to crow, now he lets the whole neighbohood know he can crow as he does it all day.
My little week old escape artist Eclaire has once again escaped, from the daycare pen. I must take care of that pasty butt issue ASAP

You know a chicken will never say what she's doing or has done, no matter your clucking ability. All mine ever say is waat, waat,waat.
D.gif

Mine are a week and a half. BOs they ALL did that when they were days old. After a week, they all jump in my hand. Give her time, she will come around.

Back
Top Bottom