What do I do with these roosters?!

I quite understand, and no need to apologize. One gets all kinds of people coming up with different ideas, so I might have been a bit to blunt with my reply.
One idea, could you make a new temporary encloser, where you can separate them away for the hens? That would give you a bit more time to work something out
I was actually thinking, I had a giant dog that recently passed away, I have two ginormous kennels because while she was going through it, never mind I don't want to go down that road I miss her so freaking much, anyway I have two big ass kennels How big of an enclosure do roosters need? With extreme great care??

I was actually thinking, I had a giant dog that recently passed away, I have two ginormous kennels because while she was going through it, never mind I don't want to go down that road I miss her so freaking much, anyway I have two big ass kennels How big of an enclosure do roosters need? With extreme great care??
Sorry about your dog :hugs
As long as there is enough room for them to get a bit of exercise, (walk and flap and that sort of thing) and room for food, water and a small perch, they should be fine in the short term.
I'm not the best person to ask for exact dimensions in the long term.

I’m not sure what state/area you’re in, since it’s not in your profile.

Is there an Amish community somewhere nearby? Obviously they don’t advertise on Craig’s list or Facebook, they
Can be a bit hard to find, but I’ve had them process birds for me for years. They do it so cheap it doesn’t even make sense for me to do it myself. Take them the birds and a cooler and pick up the cooler the next day.

It might be worth a google search or looking at the bulletin board at likely gas stations. Or, if you add a location to your profile, someone here may be able to give you a recommendation.

Call the county extension agent, look for 4-H clubs or ask at the feed store, or check if there is a local poultry club. What you need is other chicken people out there. Some of them might want a cockerel, or know someone. Or offer to cull it with/for you.

Sometimes zoos, or other large animal caretakers need a bird or two.

Mrs K

Sometimes zoos, or other large animal caretakers need a bird or two
Definitely ask zoos. When I had an insane amount of males, I was looking for somewhere they could be used. I would have had to pick up certain bags from them for the birds, but literally the only thing I had to do was kill the bird and put it in the bag. No plucking or gutting, so the animals had more to do during food time

Is there an Amish community somewhere nearby? Obviously they don’t advertise on Craig’s list or Facebook, they
Can be a bit hard to find, but I’ve had them process birds for me for years. They do it so cheap it doesn’t even make sense for me to do it myself. Take them the birds and a cooler and pick up the cooler the next day.

It might be worth a google search or looking at the bulletin board at likely gas stations. Or, if you add a location to your profile, someone here may be able to give you a recommendation.
I was going to say this exact same thing. A Menonite gentleman we bought some products from recommended an Amish family. He gave me just the street. 😂 So we drove around until we found them…small sign for baked goods, veggies, and chicken processing. Super reasonable, and saves me the time and hassle. If there are ANY Amish around, I would stop at a farmstand and ask if they know of anyone in their community who will process them.

I have a friend that lives in Kentucky that has multiple roosters and like 2x2 enclosures and they let them out one by one at a time? Is that feasible? That sounds like a lot of damn work

I live in the Asheville NC area

Back
Top Bottom