what do you do with your bacon grease?

Well.. I used to throw mine out. Now I will be saving it. I love the soap idea and would like to make some... since we don't eat too much bacon here I will probably end up cooking with it.
smile.png

Now, as I was saying before my head was bashed in with a bat, if you warm it up enough where it's just a little thick you can use it as a glaze on pork chops, quail, scallops and other various meats. The fat content cooks or drips away but leaves the bacon essence on your food. You can also add spices to the grease to add more flavor.

Anyone got a good painkiller?

I was raised using bacon grease. While I know some doctors say that it is bad for you, I know more old hillbillys than old doctors.

we save it and cook with it all the time... i suppose i was raised on bacon grease... it was always added to our biscuits and butterbeans and anything in between... can't beat it.

Hate to say it but my Grandpop used to tell us that when he was a kid and they were hungry their Mama used to give them bacon"lard" sandwiches!! just a slice of homemade bread with bacon grease spread on it. Now he came from a family of 13 kids and died when he was 95, his last remaining sister just passed away two weeks ago at the age of 103!! So bacon grease cant be all bad for you.

Back
Top Bottom