What do you grow in your garden?

AAHHGG! I have to add to my list: 3 more tomato plants, 2 eggplant, thyme, sage, lantana (2), cosmos (2), geraniums (3), and something called a 'whirling butterfly'. I went to Home Depot unsupervised, to get ONE THING!
he.gif

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who needs supervision. I was in the feed store getting some chick food and started eyeballing some baby chicks. My 7 year old had to tell me no. LOL!
lol.png

Quote:
Oh boy! Don't I know how THAT is...I LOVE HomeDepot!! But then, I'm the one in the family that has all the cool power tools, too! Now, if I could just find a way to get DH to put them away after he's 'borrowed' them...
hmm.png

We have tomaotes (usually 75-100 --6 var.) peas (3 var.), beans, corn, okra, squash, cukes, sunflowers, peppers (sweet), sweet potaotes, pumpkins, watermelons and catulopes. I have herbs in pots and This fall/winter I will be starting three perm. beds one for strawberries, one for herbs and garlic and one for asparagus...

Quote:
Tell me how to raise a good tomato. I've tried twice to grow them and both times were very unsuccessful. I like acidic tomatoes and could not find any that said they would be acidic.

Just came in from garden. Looking so good this year. We are out of the very long drought here. Yea!!

My Garden

Asparagus
Snow peas
Spinich
Radishes
Potatos
Onions
Green beans
Cucumbers
Squash,yellow, scallop,zuccini,acorn,spagetti
Bell Peppers,many colors
Banana Peppers
Egg plant
tomatos
Blackberries
Grapes
Apples
Peaches
Apricots
Plums
Pears
Pecans
Dill
Garlic
and Lavender.

I think thats all. Whew. seams like alot. Alot of work that is. But we love the fresh goodies and knowing where they come from.

Happy Gardening to All

Right now on my property I can only have container gardens. No space.
hmm.png

I grow:
cukes
tomatoes
bell peppers
leaf lettuces- like a spring mix
strawberries-but honestly it is never a very high yield...don't know why

I also have these herbs:
thyme
sage
parsley
lavender
chamomile
rosemary
chives

We tried one year to garden straight into the ground...(before we put up our Geo-Dome and sucked up the space).

We planted:
radishes- they did very well
carrots-they ended up being twisted and stunted
turnips-termites...yes TERMITES bore holes right through them and made the whole lot completely inedible.
corn-almost every last one was either filled with earwigs or lost to the squirrels
squash-we did fab on those...more than we could eat even
cukes- we got an INSANE amount
tomatillos- we did great on those
brussel sprouts- the bugs took those
broccoli-came out bitter and inedible
cauliflower- also came out bitter
tomatoes- we did fine on those
peppers-were shaded out by tomatoes and yielded very low
eggplants- we got one. LOL.
lettuce- we did ok
Kale- we got a TON
pole beans- I got enough for ONE meal. LOL.
onions-never grew
rubarb- was destroyed by some kind of animal
asparagus-died within the first month

LOL...all in all we pretty much were a failure. We tried organic, but the bugs COMPLETLY overtook most of everything, and then when we saw we were in a losing battle we switch to a few of the lesser toxic pesticides and STILL didn't win.

We decided there was better use for the spot and we placed a geo-dome over the area and use it as our bedroom.
hmm.png

http://pacificdomes.com/

Now I have a container garden and grow just as a little hobby and get enough to be able to enjoy some of the fruits of summer.

Quote:
I tried to get my husband to buy a yert and put it up on his parent property (they live on 200 acres in South MS) He thought I had smoked too much on college.

How do you like the geodome?

Back
Top Bottom