What do you guys think of this?

Paper shreds stick to the eggs much more than does hay....trust me.
tongue.png
I can't even imagine anyone complaining or making a big deal about cleaning an area that small in the first place! Is that supposed to be a tough chore of some kind? For no more chickens and no more space than that, I think they were making more of a chore out of it than they even had to.
roll.png

I feel sorry for hens that have to live confined to such a small area.

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up on the paper. When I saw that tiny coop I was thinking the same thing. Of course my huge coop has a lot more birds in it than that one does.

Quote:
I do have a little bit of worry about the time required for cleaning the coop. I work part time - Tues through Thurs - and those 3 days I am gone for 10 hours, have to pack lunches, make dinners, feed the dog, give baths, clean up after all of it and still get myself to bed. The other 4 days caring for the chickens will be a joy! I just hope that they can handle the bare minimum from me 3 days a week. Summer isn't bad, but when winter comes and I leave for work in the dark and arrive home in the dark just getting out to the coop to check food and water is going to be an accomplishment.

Last edited:
The trick is to keep it simple and realize that chickens aren't particular and they don't crave your company...you are the food bringer. Anyone who tells you their chickens follow them around JUST because they wish for company are deluded. Chickens learn where the food comes from and respond...those large two legged creatures are a little scary but they DO deliver.
wink.png
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom