What do you love about where you live?

I love that sometimes while driving I forget I am in Va. and think for an instant I am in Ga. The view of pine trees takes me home.

I love the view from my kitchen windows.

I love the inky blackness of night and looking up to see a billion stars over head.

I love that my well was dug during a time before electricity and that when a need arises I can drop a bucket in and reel out fresh water.

I love that my barn was built at a time when outhouses where in fashion and that my outhouse on the back of my barn is perfectly fine -if needed.

I love that my neighbors are friendly, are rather far away and mind their own business.

I love the first scent of wood smoke in the air on a cool fall evening.

I love that my husband and my kids love our home as much as I do and there is no place they would rather be than here with me.

the scenery and the lack of overbearing government/petty laws. From the rainforest to the seacaves, theres always something to take my breath away.

business permits and licenses are dirt cheap here, the government doesn't pass laws governing what you do on your property. the police mans additude in Puerto Rico is "if its not a threat to public saftey, dont bother me." They're not gonna bust you for not wearing a seatbelt, but they will haul you in and probably rough you up a little if your 3 year old isn't properly secured in a car seat.

I like being in New England where there's actually seasons.

I like being halfway between Plymouth and Boston...it's like a half an hour in either direction to get there.

I like the culture: the museums, the history...

I love the lack of manmade noise

I love the sound of the coyotes distant howls, the elks bugel
even the wind

I love to see the sunrise and set
the moon in any phase, the incredible beauty of the stars

I love when someone stops by when you havent seen anyone but your DH in a week or more

I love enjoying going into the "Big City" knowing I will be coming back here

I love the heat of summer more than the cold of winter, but the beauty of the snow and frozen river still amazes me and I have lived with snow all my life

Mostly I love the peace of mind living here brings

and last but not least I love that I now have heat in the bathhouse
lol.png

Monsoon rains, winter rains, any rain.

Incredible sunsets, my mountain views, the smell of the desert after a rain.

The smell of citrus blooming, chickens crowing, donkeys braying.

Dark skies, bright stars, coyotes howling every night.

That we're on enough land that my daughter can grow up and experiece a taste of the county life running and playing.

I love that I moved to a place where the next door neighbors are quiet and don't sell drugs like they do in my old neighborhood. I like having a fire pit in my back yard and having friends over to sit around and roast weenies and make s'mores.

It's fairly quiet here other than when the train comes through town but I'm used to it now.

I love that I can have chickens and my dogs have plenty of room to run and be happy.

I love the wind through the pine trees in my back yard that connects to the christmas tree farm.

I love my bright red and white chicken coop and matching little barn with the lit Christmas wreath on it.

I can't wait for spring, I have a huge garden area that I put a picket fence around when we moved in. Can't wait to plant Cosmos that will grow through the fencing and tons of tomato's, peppers, onions and herbs for an awesome salsa garden

Ok, I'll stop now.
big_smile.png

I love that I can ride my horse to the beach.
jayatbeach.jpg

And race to the top of a sand dune:
groupatbowl.jpg

I love the fact that my property runs north and south, so we have gorgeous sunsets AND sunrises.
sunrise.jpg

I love lake-effect snows
ponychase.jpg

I love my 5-minute commute to work, the grocery store, or the hardware store.

Spring...Summer...Fall...Winter ...
Having Chickens
Big Gardens
Friends that like to hang out here...Even our childrens friends.
Neighbors that look out for each other.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom