Fiona and Lucretia - EEs
Edith and Agnes - Australorps
Mabel and Maud - Buff Orps
Bertie and Gertie - Barred Rocks
Rhoda and Roz - Rhode Island Reds

And the unknown girls:
Zelda - either a Welsumer, Speckled Sussex or Brown Leghorn
Portia - unknown black and gold striped chick

My daughter named her pair of Australorps Dot and Dash, because they peck as if they're sending Morse Code. I named one of my roosters "Nugget," because when we first got him, he was ill-tempered and, we thought, destined for dinner, but now he's sweet as can be and I'd never part with him. We have Cutie and Darling, nasty roos who are anything but (kids named them). We also have:

Gold-colored bantam named Goldie Hen
Gold-colored bantam named Sunrise
Black bantam named Raven
BLack bantam named Midnight
Black and White bantams named Checkers and Dark Cloud
Brownish bantam named River
White-laced Wyandotte named Stripe
And a few others without exciting names.

I love that Barack can say its own name.... "Ba-raack!" I love it. I might have to steal it.

Laura

We don't name all of them but a few...

Standard Cornish: Dually, Diesel, Eyore, Fiona, Ethyl, Lacy, Eagle Duck, Apricot.

Ameraucanas: Black Sharon, Vienna, Dot, D'ouh, Sneaky, Hawk, Amelia, Maverick, Molly, Minx.

For some reason we only name the Buckeye roos and we're down to one right now: Lefty.

Modern Game Bantams. Just got two roos in: Fox and Slim. One henny has a name Olive Oil (because she is so tall and thin).

And one BC Maran roo named 'C-note' because he basically cost $100 (We ordered eggs, he was the only one to survive, so between shipping cost of eggs=$100).

fun thread!

I think great names for chickens would be Original and Extra Crispy, but so far my chickies have flower names.

Zinnia -silver seabright
Marigold -OEG
Hollyhock -OEG

And if the new chicks are hens, I think I'll have a Daisy- Polish and a Buttercup -buff wyandotte.

Back
Top Bottom