What do you name your chicken(s)?...

I don't name any of my birds. Doesn't seem right to name sometihing that could soon be sitting in my stomach.
roll.png

RIR's - Annette, Gertrude and Emmeline
BO's - Lottie and Rosalie
BLS's - Jasmine and Nina
EE's - Penny and Suzanna

New 1 week old chickies in the brooder:

EE - Ruby
GL Wyandottes - Norah and June

Maybe a new EE baby tomorrow yet to be named.

My daughter wrote up a whole list of names for our chickens this year....and the next 10!
lol.png

We are FINALLY getting some of the new chicks named here. It has taken long enough!!!

Bantam Polish: Violet and Isadora (they have been named for awhile)
Silkies: Alice (white) Gertrude (blue) and one unnamed we think is male
Ancona: Thunder
he.gif
(thanks to my poor quality naming 7 y/o)
La Fleche: Edgar (the only male, after Poe of course) and the girls are AnnaBelle, Erzsebet, Minnie, and Delphine.
Turkens: Margaret and Beatrice (also been named for awhile)

I also have 6 newly hatched babies to name!!!
th.gif

I have 2 Araucanas, Yentel and Clara, 1 Buff Orpington; Sawdavia:/; 1 Black BardRock, Jackie, 1 Sicilian Buttercup-Sofia, and one Rhode Island Red-Ruby:lol:

My kids named them!! and we raised them from chicks, and they are pretty friendly and come when ever we go out to the yard.

The Splash silkie rooster is Ike
His blue hen is Tina
Their one surviving pullet is Lucky Girl

Silkie mix rooster is Peetie
His balck hen is SueSue

The Barred rosecomb bantam rooster is Barney (Fife)
His hen is (of course) Thelma Lou
They have 2 chick unnamed until they get personalities.

White bantam rooster is Mr. Big
His Dutch Blue hen is Sister (because my sister in law uses the blue rinse on her hair and they are the same color. HA!)

My chicks won't be here until May and they are layers, not KFC, so I decided to name them after my mom and her girlfriends. I told her yesterday and she cracked up and couldn't wait to tell them!!
Sherry, Annie, Peggy, and Terri. I have 6 coming, so I'm naming them after my MIL and her mom too, Krissy and Joanne! I haven't told my MIL yet, but she has a good sense of humor, so she'll appreciate it!
6 of the best hens I know!! LOL!!

It's certainly better not to name them if they are to be used for food. Did anyone read the section of Marley and Me about when the author and his wife decided to get peeps for themselves and their kids?? It is a riot!!!! They were told not to name them. Ha!

We came here to live off the land. We were going to raise our birds for food. Then I started naming them. Now we buy our food at the store.

We have Butterscotch, C4Pio, Second-Chance Charlie (a long story), Romeo, George, Boyfriend, and CJ. That's just the Roos.

Then there are Autumn, Brennie, Katie, Charcoaly, Annie, little red Henny Penny, Heidi, Hilda, Beauty, Marcelle, Rebbie, Little Orphan Annie, Little White Annie (another story) --- just to name a few of the hens.

We've laid to rest so many more hens and roos.

Jacob, Daddy Guinea, Mama Guinea, Mikey, and Footina 2P2 are our guineas.

Tom, Susan, Rosie, and the Wild Boy are our turkeys.

Princess Waltzing Matilda and Sir Galahad are the Peacocks.

Charles, Fredrico Jr, Sandy MacNeil, Hearty Hardy Harley, Dooley Davidson, Eleana, and Polly are our muscovy ducks.

Duboo C (W.C. for Wild Cat), Tripper T., Mama Kitty, and Midnight are the cats, and Joey is our blind Australian Shepherd.

We also have Little Girl Pheasant and 2 unnamed male quails.... and a male new Zealand white rabbit named, of all things, Peter.

And all this adds up to FUN! FUN!!!! FUN!!!!!!!!! I just LOVE living on a farm!!!

Back
Top Bottom