what do you say to your chickens when giving them attention?

Is this a pickle head?

yup. that will do!!!! when they just started to run the first time they go outside you know how their necks go forward and backwards? just looked like a picke! the funny new feathers poking and stuff. and NO I was not drinking at that specific time either. After reading some of these, I bet my neighbors think i am very very strange as well. Although they yell for them too when i let them out. We have a yelling match at them to see who they go to first. She has better treats usually, so she wins. We call her 'Aunty Jan' to them. Heck, she makes them steak and buys them a pound of bologna for treats. dang spoilers!!!!!!

The coop is now called the 'Head Shed' as well. "Honey, I am going to go clean the Head Shed!" I bet that sounds REALLY funny to the other neighbors. Well, now i guess I know why my Hubby just shakes his head and laughs at me like he wonders how i got through life.

Last edited:
In the morning its "hey girls....and boys" and during the day I just say hello to them calling them sweety, baby, hon and any other name that comes to mind lol and then I just converse with them XD

I mostly just say while petting them, "Please be a Pullet. Think girly thoughts!" or "Who loves you? Mommy does!" or "No, You are not Mike Tyson. Leave my ear alone!" I know that is so wrong but seriously they love my ears. siiigh lol Owie!

i think it's hilarious!
lau.gif

Out of 28 hens, I only have two roosters. So when I let them out to free range, I tell Roo and Toast to watch their girls. We have a heavy population of chicken hawks where I live, but the boys take good care of warning the girls.

Out of 28 hens, I only have two roosters. So when I let them out to free range, I tell Roo and Toast to watch their girls. We have a heavy population of chicken hawks where I live, but the boys take good care of warning the girls.

Wow! Look at the comb on that leghorn! Dang thing is big enough to be a cowboy hat!

Here Chicka Chicka! I got something for you! (usually food, of course.)
bow.gif
I can almost hear them thinking, oh great fud lady!! lol

I say way too many things to name them all. I often say:

"Get that kitty McDonalds!"

"Nice hairdo McDonalds"

we often narrate the chickens' conversations between each other.

I am known to sing the egg song to get the roosters going :gig

Back
Top Bottom