what do you think of my new incubation station?

revman

Hatching
7 Years
Feb 18, 2012
well i got board this morning and went out to the garage and got some lumber and this is what i made up.
now all i have to do is get my heat lamp, water tray, food dispencer, and my pine chips and the little ones will be ready to go in.
i do have one question. what are you guys and girls using for heat lamps? i've read red heat light, clear heat light and also just a 100 watt light bulb. i dont know what to use. please help. thanks.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af288/revman/2012-02-19142838.jpg

Last edited:
I like it, nice clean lines, how is it holding temp?

I had to put my lg and hova in a closet to help them hold heat, I got a pic somewhere...this is the chicks first home for a few days.

Last edited:
thanks... the temp is holding perfect. 99.6 these incubators were hand picked off the line because the guy i bought them from was having problems with them and lost a whole bunch of eggs and there was a problem with the way they were wired. everything is good so far so i hope the guy was honest with me.

what is the reason for the red light?

nice set up by the way...

Red lights are used by most because if a chick gets pecked and bloodied, they don't see the red blood and attack it, everything is red.
Chickens go for the blood so when they can't see it they're all safe.

Back
Top Bottom