What do you think of the new BYC platform?

What do you think of the new BYC platform?

• Love it

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • Like it

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • 50-50 Love-Hate

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • Hate it

Votes: 81 40.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Wish i had the old one.......

Ok, PM Me if you want to start a rebellion
tongue2.gif

We can turn this around!

I Put Love-Hate, Which is true

At the moment I don't really love or hate it. That's probably because I'm using my tablet rather than a "real" computer though; it doesn't let me use the hover-you-mouse-over menus. But I have a feeling I'd love it if I was using a more standard computer.
big_smile.png

X2. Why don't I get emails for all my subscribed topics? Is there a setting area? And what is up with the smilie menu?

This page is taking a lot longer to load than the old ones did.

I miss the yellow chick that popped up by forums. I miss the simplicity of the old forum. I miss the smileys I used to be able to see.

I guess I'll get used to this eventually, but for now, I'd much rather have the old one.

I like it a lot. And appreciate all the work and thought that went into these changes. I particularily like how easy it was to change my login password this morning. And I LOVE the spell check.
ya.gif

Thanks to all who contributed. Well done. oh, and the smiley table......BYC you have taken the site well into new technology....

Where is the spell check

I'm having trouble finding the threads that I have posted on, which was a feature I really enjoyed in the other forum. Is there something I am missing? I have not watched the video yet, but will do so to see if I can clear things up a bit.

I did notice the site is a bit slower, but it hasn't affected my browsing that much. There are a few loading issues though. Mostly things are just in the wrong places, or covering other things. I noticed it with the quick log in. The "remember me" option was right over the "sign in" button.

My interest lies in very few topics. With the old forum all I had to do was look for the dot indicator on the left that signified the topic I posted in. Now with the coloring of the forum its even hard to find the topics.

If you click on the "my profile" tab at the top of the page it takes you to a page that has all of your info on it. At the top right, next to the "search" bar, you click on "Subscriptions" and it takes you to all threads you are subscribed to.

If you scroll down on your profile page, you will find "Your Recent Activity" in rather large letters on the left, this lists all the posts you have posted in.

Hope this helps. I think in the long run, this is going to be a lot better for everyone. Change takes it's toll on all of us!

CJ

I have not yet read the info on how to do things in the new platform, or even this thread. But initially, i notice ADS ADS ADS!!! I was not aware that we were going to have ads on the new platform. I've been trying to read one thread, and on EVERY page of it so far, the right hand side of my screen has ads with big photos, and between them various things called "recent reviews" that have nothing to do with the thread I'm trying to read. To me that is distracting. Maybe people should have the option whether to see a lot of exteraneous material on their screens. To me, it just makes it more cluttered and confusing, and the images must slow up the navigation. There is already so much info on BYC that to throw in extra stuff on every page seems a poor choice. A clean uncluttered page is much more appealing to me than one stuffed with all sorts of extras.

I also had read ahead of time that we would not have any more auctions, waaahhhh! I looked today and saw there is a thread about eggs for sale, so I was relieved, but when I opened it and looked in there, NOBODY had listed anything there. I'm afraid one of my favorite parts of BYC is gone. Is there a possibility of somehow getting the auctions going again?

I'm sure there are tons of other changes I'll notice, and it sounds like inserting photos in posts will now be easy. Also it is great that the PM boxes will not have any limit anymore. Maybe as time goes on, the site can change and things that many people find difficult or annoying or lacking can be changed for the better!

I have only been on the web site for 20 minutes and already I am enjoying it! I hope everyone will give it a chance. It will take some learning, but we all had to learn to use the old one too!
CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom