What do you think of the new coop? UPDATE

chickenwhisperer123

Whispers Loudly
10 Years
Mar 7, 2009
Lincoln, Nebraska
Well just a month ago, my dad said we needed to downsize the flock, but somehow I talked him into upsizing it. So on Sunday before he left for Gothenburg, He and I started a new coop. Its not near as big as our normal coop, but big enough. We tried to make it rabbit hutch style, but supersize it, and this is how it turned out!!!

The run is 4'x12' and the coop is 4'x6'. It has only had one day of working so its not close to finished yet, but once its done the four big chicks are moving out, to make room for "the replacements" coming the 15th. I cant wait!
What do you guys think?

24462_experiment.jpg

24462_experiment3.jpg

24462_experiment2.jpg

ITS DONE!!! As of May 2, 2009

24462_img_8831.jpg

24462_img_8830.jpg

24462_img_8829.jpg

24462_img_8827.jpg

Last edited:
smile.png
I meant that a month ago he was complaining about how many chickens we had..... but with some smooth talking, I got 25 from Ideal, plus 9 from TSC, plus replacements coming the 15th for 6 that died in the Ideal shipment.

He is the one that doesnt want chickens, but somehow something changed his mind... and FAST!!!

hu.gif
Same thing keeps happening to me
hu.gif
I keep promising no more chickens.....but the next thing you know, i have a new incubator
hu.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, they were both scratching their claws on it when I went down this morning....
If it never gets finished, at least the cats will have somewhere to sleep!
smile.png

How many could be comfortable in it? Does anyone have any ideas?

Oops, my goof up. You did clearly say that in the first sentence! My brain reads too fast sometimes. Jeepers...I wonder what changed his mind? Anyhow, the coop looks great! It took me one day just to level out blocks!!
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom