What do you think of this?

Wise Woman

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 12, 2011
My Cottage
We are going to be making a new covered run and coop over the next year or so. I never had a covered run before and I want to be sure it is as secure as we can make it. I found this on Pinterest. What do you think of it? Is it a good idea to put pavers down? I had figured on doing the cinder block or cement edging, but never thought about putting down pavers. I could easily put sand down on top of the pavers as there will be a solid wood roof and the run will be enclosed with a block wall on two sides, so moisture getting in will not be a problem. What do you covered run experts think? Good idea or not?

Would love to hear your opinion as this will be our last coop and run and we need to get it right. The chickens have a perfectly fine coop now, so we can take our time, spend a little extra money and do it right so it lasts a long time. I currently have sand in their coop and I am happy with that and it is easy for me to clean up as well. Thanks for your input!

Cheers!

A permeable bottom will work much better for sand or DLM, thus no paver needed. A perimeter edging to keep the bedding material in place is a good idea. Invest the cost and labor for the pavers in hardware cloth.

A permeable bottom will work much better for sand or DLM, thus no paver needed. A perimeter edging to keep the bedding material in place is a good idea. Invest the cost and labor for the pavers in hardware cloth.
Do you mean line the bottom with hardware cloth? We will be putting it on all the sides of the run. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom