What Do You Want Added To The BYC Forum & Site? Version II

don't know if it has been mentioned already but what about a forum watch page or a message board? like there is only certain forums i frequent, i can click on my favs and save them. i can put on my watch list, then i don't have to scroll through them all the shortcut is to what forums we mark as favs so it's all in one spot only ones we frequent.

hope that made sence,lol.

Quote:
You can go to the userlist, type in a letter followed by * and it will show only users that start with that letter.

THANKS...glad I asked!

Quote:
You can do this by subscribing to topics and then when you come to BYC just click on show my subscribed topics on the index page. From there it is just subscribe or unsubscribe at will.

Quote:
You can do this by subscribing to topics and then when you come to BYC just click on show my subscribed topics on the index page. From there it is just subscribe or unsubscribe at will.

i didn't know we could do that from there, thank you. is there away to subscribe without it emailing me every reply to those posts? it's why i stopped subscribeing to it cause my email got loaded with them.

I think disallowing form email just makes it so the "email" link won't show up below your profile.

Unfortunately if you subscribe to a very active thread and browse the forum a lot throughout the day, the system will see that you are on and then off, then send you a note, then think you are on, then off, then send you a note, etc.

What I do is filter all my notifications to a specific folder and then sort those by subject so they are grouped together. Sometimes I also won't subscribe to a thread until after all the excitement has died down and I just want to get updates if it pops up again.

Maybe we should test that because there are two options there.

One hides the email and allows form mail and the other hides the email and disallows form mail.

Back
Top Bottom