What does a cochin egg look like?

Mr. Frizzles Hen House

Songster
11 Years
Oct 9, 2008
Seabeck, Washington
My girls started laying and I have a total of 12 eggs. Most are a good sized, oval, dull finished, buff/pink color which I'm assuming came from my buff orps.

I've also gotten three green ones from my americanas. Same size as the pinkish ones. T

he odd ball out ones are three brown, shiny/smooth finished, and slightly round ones. The're not alot smaller, so I'm not sure if they can be from my black cochin or not. I was just told they lay smaller ones and less frequently.

Are they from the cochin or another buff orp? Impatient to figure it all out:/

Here are my banty cochin eggs.....

2861845032_fb643bbb55.jpg

2861845214_8d3007e40b.jpg

I believe she is a standard. She was a last minute addition along with my frizzle roo. Of course he wasn't supposed to be a roo, and she was supposed to be a frizzle too. She never frizzled though.The feed store stated that they were black frizzle cochins. I didnt know any better to ask more details.

Ok, I was just looking under the breed page and the frizzles are under the bantam categorie. Now I'm not sure what I have. She is quite a bit smaller than my buff orps. Her back stands probably 5-6 inches off the ground.

Frizzles come in both standard and bantam... though bantam appears to be most popular. Sexing mistakes happen frequently and Frizzles are not guaranteed to be frizzled... it's more of a 50/50 thing.

Back
Top Bottom