What does "rehab" mean to you?

in general rehab is mean by rehabilitation.. ie., getting recovered from any kind of addiction, it doesn't mean that it should be a drug or alcohol rehab.

Drug/alcohol here, mainly because I deal with it a lot with my mother. Same with "meetings" - my little brain connects that with AA/NA/CA because of her
smile.png
Other acronyms tie the same thing, like IOP.

Of course, I've met a lot of good people though her rehab stays (I go to "Family Night", more for support of other family members). I don't negatively connect drug/alcohol "rehab" with bad - more of someone with an issue they are working on getting help with. To me, that's good.

For me the first thougths of 'rehab" refer to physical therapy simply
because I've been there.

However, as we would all agree, REHAB by itself does not present
a clear intent. Could be any one of several meanings. The use of slang
words does not always convey the correct intention.

Quote:
Not even addiction--ANY sort of recovery. From an accident, from a stroke, from an illness that has impaired ability to do common functions. The context in which the word is used needs to be considered in determining meaning.

Quote:
That's what comes to my mind too. And I work in a sensitive field requiring background checks and FFD testing for drugs and alcohol.

I work in a hospital and a nursing home brought me a copy of the cook book they had made. I took it home and put it on the table. My DD's boyfriend saw the title Auburn Nursing and Rehab and said " what's that a crack head cookbook?" I got a good laugh and said no not that kind of rehab.

Back
Top Bottom