What does this hen have ?

Quote:
181.4 new weight? Deal with lots of chemicals and other reagents but haven't heard of new weight. Net weight? molecular weight?

If it says the package contains 10 grams, go with 10 grams. that 181.4g thing is confusing.

Here is one thing you can do. Hold 10 pennies in one hand and the package in the other. They should be about the same, if the package weighs about 180 pennies, it's net weight is going to be that 181 new weight that you read.

Since you don't have a scale, and powders do not always have the same volume, you'll have to guess without a scale.

If it is 10 grams and you want 600mg (or .6g) per gallon find the ratio of gallons the package you have will make, and add that portion to 1 gallon of water.

.6g for one gallon.. so if your package is 10 grams, it will make about 16.5 gallons. Take about 1/16th of the total amount in your package and add it to one gallon.

If your package is 180 grams, it will make 300 gallons, so take 1/300 of the package and add it to a gallon.

Quote:
181.4 new weight? Deal with lots of chemicals and other reagents but haven't heard of new weight. Net weight? molecular weight?

If it says the package contains 10 grams, go with 10 grams. that 181.4g thing is confusing.

Here is one thing you can do. Hold 10 pennies in one hand and the package in the other. They should be about the same, if the package weighs about 180 pennies, it's net weight is going to be that 181 new weight that you read.

Since you don't have a scale, and powders do not always have the same volume, you'll have to guess without a scale.

If it is 10 grams and you want 600mg (or .6g) per gallon find the ratio of gallons the package you have will make, and add that portion to 1 gallon of water.

.6g for one gallon.. so if your package is 10 grams, it will make about 16.5 gallons. Take about 1/16th of the total amount in your package and add it to one gallon.

If your package is 180 grams, it will make 300 gallons, so take 1/300 of the package and add it to a gallon.

Sorry I mis-typed. That was 181.4 grams NET weight. I'm guessing that what's in the package is the 10g of oxytetracycline and some other ingredients.

Actually if you could find Tylan 50 at your local feed store that would work best. I had a turkey with a bad respitory infections that made his whole face swell up. I was told to give him an injection of 1/4 CC and then wait a day and then give 1 more shot of a 1/4 CC. He was totally fine within a week. You do not have to give oral antibiotics along with this. I had tried the oral ones for about 4 days and they didnt do a thing for him. You can find tylan 50 at your local feed stores. It should be less then 10 dollars. I actually gave the injection in 2 smaller parts, one on each side of the face into the swelling. You might want to try this so that it gets right to the infection to heal it up properly. Good luck, Jenn

Sorry to butt in here, but I must inject my opinion.

When measuring out a medicine, they often contain other stuff other than just the active ingrediant, which I'm assuming there is 10 gram of inside the 181.4 something net weight.

Only put 600mg (or 0.6g) into your solution, not 1/16 of the entire package.

Where is your friendly neighborhoood drug dealer when you need em?

Edit: Where is this magical 600mg/gallon figure coming from? The package? If so, then it is 0.6g of the entire package. If you are trying to get 600mg of the active ingrediant thing, then it is a different ratio. The package should be clear about that.

Last edited:
Hey Johnny,
The tylon 50 that I just got a couple weeks ago is good until 3 / 2008. Now you have to remember to always use sterile procedures, alcohol the top and use sterile needles only once to keep this at its best. Also it says to keep it at 72 degrees or cooler. Jenn

i got this same stuff they told me to mix it 1 teaspoon per gal of water. at the feed store.change it everyday dump the old make fresh

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom