what duck comes in chocolate, looks kinda rouen?

Looks kinda like my Mallard x buff drake as far as the head and body shape goes , but alot lighter.

m9og9c.jpg

It's a Saxony. If not Saxony color itself (Saxony is both a color and a breed), then it is one of the similar "pseudo-saxonies". It might also be an Apricot Silver (which is almost the same as Saxony, with the addition of dusky and/or harlequin phase), but I doubt it. It is probably just a pet quality Saxony. There is no way to get double blue dilution and light phase from a first generation cross with a pure Grey bird (like a Mallard or Rouen). The difference is subtle between Goat Walker's and On the Spot's birds, but there is a difference (as Goat Walker already said).

Either way, both birds are stunning! That is one of my favorite duck colors.

Here is a picture of my Overberg drake. Overbergs are Apricot Silver, so very similar to Saxony.

25614_new_ducks_014.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all for your help. He does look sorta "streamlined" and with a longish neck. I halfway wonder if he has some runner crossed in there. I will have to see if I can track down some eggs to hatch out, or a hen for him. Ya never know what you will stumble across... I already sold two of the ducks this morning, the black one and one of the bigger white drakes. Plus two turkeys. Merry Christmas to mmmeeeeeeee!!! Woot!

awww the picture's not working for me... i just get a ? in a blue box... darn... Could you try reposting it? I wanna see! lol

Oh my goodness those are some niiice ducks but that very last picture where he smilin for the camera. That is a GREAT picture! They some happy lookin ducks!
love.gif

Quote:
No, it would appear to be a "Golden 300 drake" aka a cross. I have seen many of those, and they all look like that. Also, there is a chance it was supposed to be a Black Swedish, but a terrible one.

Back
Top Bottom