What feeder?

NYRIR

Crowing
13 Years
May 13, 2010
Petersburg,NY
My geese waste a lot of food. Is there any feeder that works better for them? Right now they have rubber bowls.They get into the chicken feeders from the bottom and top and make a huge mess. Any suggestions?

The rubber fortiflex tub looks really nice!

I have only one goose, and I use a 2-quart mixing jug like this one (without the small lid):
1795.jpg

Food is not wasted, but he still manages to be messy.

Thank you for responding. I was wondering about the goat trough feeders...I think I will try one of those! Or maybe 2...

The Goose Girl.... I appreciate your response... but I (alas) have too many geese to use one of those
smile.png
I would need at least 7, lol
big_smile.png

PinkGlory123... I use the medium to large size rubber bowls but they make a HUGE mess! ( The chickens help with it too)

Quote:
I have 3 of those feeders and I feed 24 chickens, 9 muscovy ducks and 1 goose. to kinda give you an idea. that way the ducks and goose get to eat and not have to wait on the chickens to get through first. They are easy to clean and I promise the waste is nothing at all. I started keeping their water buckets further away from their feeders too so they don't get the feed as wet either.

We use troughs. Large diameter PVC cut in half lengthwise, laid on the ground. Ours are cut to 10 foot lengths. Works like a charm because they can line up along them and not have to jockey for position.

In the summer the geese don't really get fed though. They're job is to mow and weed, plenty of it around here to keep them full.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom