What gender is my 6 week old EE? 8 images.

Went to go take some pictures of his/her tail as nanahogs said they looked possibly roo-like.

If I have a rooster is there any way of knowing what color eggs he would have produced were he a hen?

As to the "if it was a roo" question about egg color - if you were to breed the roo to either white or brown egg laying hens and then raise the resulting female chicks you could judge the genetics of the rooster with regards to egg color on what the resulting female offspring produce.

Ok so my Easter egger is now eight weeks old and has started to try and step on the pullets so I'm pretty certain I have a cockerel and he is sparing now. Do some breeds not get their wattles till much later? Because he has none. Or is it still possible I have a pullet?

Ok so my Easter egger is now eight weeks old and has started to try and step on the pullets so I'm pretty certain I have a cockerel and he is sparing now. Do some breeds not get their wattles till much later? Because he has none. Or is it still possible I have a pullet?

I still say pullet, my pullets puff up, chest bump, and chase the younger chicks more than my cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom