What Gender?!!?!?

What Gender?

• Total voters
It's best if the door of the trap is at ground level. Sprinkle feed inside and outside the door. It might take a few days. Leave the trap in the same place and sprinkle more feed any time it disappears. It's OK to walk off and leave feed there because they will get used to going in and out.
You need string to close the trap door from afar; preferably almost out of sight.
I'd done everything but the string. I'll do it now while they are still asleep. Thanks!

Update: I've set the trap up so that when I pull a string it closes. The string is in the kitchen. I've got it going through the window. Then I set up a wireless camera. So I don't have to poke my head out the window every time I want to check the trap. No sign of the white sparrow yet.

Last edited:
I hate sparrows too. Someone always has to stick around when the chickens eat. If not, the sparrows will swarm and steal as much feed as they can.
English Sparrows were purposely excluded from the federal list of migratory birds so they do not fall under the protection of the Migratory Species Act. With no protection at the federal level, states and communities can manage them as they see fit. If you ask around with the authorities, you might find that nobody cares what you do with English Sparrows. They are so gregarious that they are fairly easy to trap. Sparrow perlo would be an incredible delicacy... fit for a king.

So yesterday it sat outside of the cage, sooo close to just hopping in. But then, the demon chicken Buddy, decided to escape, and chase every single bird in sight.

Back
Top Bottom