What hatchery allows small orders?

TLWR

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 10, 2010
southern AL
I'm working my way though a bunch, but I don't want a bunch of chicks. I want 3. 4 tops.
I live in southern/coastal Alabama.
I see some places reduce mins after the end of March, but don't want to wait for early April to get some chicks. Does anybody know of hatcheries that have a low min order at the end of Feb?

mypetchicken.com again has great reviews depending on location. I just ordered my first flock of four from them. Like you, i wanted 4 at the most. mypetchicken has a great selection and ships as few as three chicks. the other hatchery i investigated was chickensforbackyards.com, which doesn't have many reviews and is really a mystery to the chicken community. Not many people have ordered, but if you find them convenient, you might want to give them a try.
unfortunately, you might be forced to wait until april, just like me. all the more time to set up, build your coop, and do last minute prep :)
good luck!

Last edited:
They gave me a min order of 8 chicks based on my zip code or 9 bantams. I think.
But it shows a 15 chick min before April.

idealpoultry allows for small orders. There is just a $25 minimum. They are located on the Texas Louisiana border. Sometimes they put extra chicks in there to keep warm. I opted out of that and insured my 4 chicks. The cost of the insurance was $1.20. I'd just check the weather temps and get a few supplies to get the order to $25.

Between the months of April and December, Meyer Hatchery has a 3 chick minimum. I just ordered 10 chicks from them that will be here the first week of May.

Back
Top Bottom