WHAT HATCHERY? ANYONE ORDER FROM WELPS???

lichicks

In the Brooder
11 Years
Dec 10, 2008
I normaly order from murry, but for 300 chicks they are a little steep in price. Welps is cheaper and they ship now. Did anyone order from them?, Or does anyone have any suggestions for a good hatchery that ships now?

Last edited:
I have 21 from them only one died. Only problem I had is I paid for a hen and got an extra roo. Plus side is i get to pick the better of the two.

Very healthy when they got here.

Great customer service, they called when they did not have one of the breeds I ordered, and let me pick new ones over the phone.

Cheri

Quote:
Same here! lol but all the chickens i got are still a live. None of them died exept fpr the meat birds. But thats a way of life for thous birds. And the one extra roo i got was a leghorn and him and my roo cochin got in to a fight and the leghorn died
sad.png
. But i would order from them! Hope that helpes!!!

Chicken Girl
thumbsup.gif

I ordered meat birds from Welp...they're great! I got 32 of them and not a single one died. They're 10 weeks old now and processing day is tomorrow.

I ordered in October and all chicks have done well. My hamburgs, buttercups, and polish have bent toes. My cochins and goldenlaced are great quality.

The prices seem to be the cheapest I've seen, and they ship now. The lady on the phone told me that they are not purebreds when I had asked. But as long as they come healthy and are beautiful thats all that matters:)

Last edited:
I think that they specialize in egg laying. Like any other hatchery. I'm sure my cooked leg sweeties will lay great eggs.
lol.png
I have my beauties too.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom