WHAT HATCHERY? ANYONE ORDER FROM WELPS???

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by lichicks, Jan 30, 2009.

1. lichicks

lichicks Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2008
    I normaly order from murry, but for 300 chicks they are a little steep in price. Welps is cheaper and they ship now. Did anyone order from them?, Or does anyone have any suggestions for a good hatchery that ships now?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  2. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
    I have 21 from them only one died. Only problem I had is I paid for a hen and got an extra roo. Plus side is i get to pick the better of the two.

Very healthy when they got here.

Great customer service, they called when they did not have one of the breeds I ordered, and let me pick new ones over the phone.

Cheri

3. Chicken Girl

Chicken Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Quote:Same here! lol but all the chickens i got are still a live. None of them died exept fpr the meat birds. But thats a way of life for thous birds. And the one extra roo i got was a leghorn and him and my roo cochin got in to a fight and the leghorn died [​IMG] . But i would order from them! Hope that helpes!!!

Chicken Girl [​IMG]

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    I ordered meat birds from Welp...they're great! I got 32 of them and not a single one died. They're 10 weeks old now and processing day is tomorrow.

5. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I ordered in October and all chicks have done well. My hamburgs, buttercups, and polish have bent toes. My cochins and goldenlaced are great quality.

6. lichicks

lichicks Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2008
    The prices seem to be the cheapest I've seen, and they ship now. The lady on the phone told me that they are not purebreds when I had asked. But as long as they come healthy and are beautiful thats all that matters:)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  7. lovemychix

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I think that they specialize in egg laying. Like any other hatchery. I'm sure my cooked leg sweeties will lay great eggs. [​IMG] I have my beauties too. [​IMG]

8. greenscape

greenscape Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2009
    Can you give me contact info for welps? Looking for 70+ red egg layers

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Welp's the one that has all but their meat birds drop shipped from other hatchery's?

10. lovemychix

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Quote:Yea. I ordered in Iowa and they came from New Mexico.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by