What have you repurposed while building ?

I turned our old broken down wood shed into a coop using reclaimed fence boards and tin roofing. For interior repurposing there’s a book shelf, tidy cat buckets for nesting boxes, and a metal shelf. I’ll be adding on to the coop this next week to accommodate all our new chicks. We have a small tsc coop inside the coop that I may move out to allow them more space. C403A021-237E-4656-8814-71053A790A2D.jpeg before pic

BC992A31-9AC6-402E-9787-09406F775D08.jpeg 4F2E51B3-C329-4010-9A8B-AD5D2B4F9244.jpeg 4ECA568F-48D0-4166-A588-8DA1F1C124B8.jpeg 8907DEA7-463E-4238-B0BE-6E8A1D6EBB09.jpeg

I love the idea of this thread. What a great way to get new ideas for using old stuff.
We had bought a tubular steel carport frame and had a tarp over it to store hay for our horses. Didn't use it any more for hay storage and covered it in chicken wire, built a door and roofed it with corregated steel panels. We have shade cloth panels on the sides that we can roll up or let hang down. It's on a wooden homemade sled type bottom frame that can be hooked to the tractor with cable and pulled to different locations in the pasture. The coop with nesting boxed is on wheels and can roll around with the run.
Gee. Thanks. Now I have to SAVE that old carport that's been taking up so much space in my garage for the last five years. I've been asking around to see if anyone wanted it, but now I'll be keeping the monster.
That's the bad news.
The GOOD news is that I'll likely be moving in the next year or two, and my current coop and run are not portable. If I hang onto the carport I won't have to worry about having a place to house my biddies during the transition! So really ... Gee! Thanks!

Glad I could be of assistance. Let me know when you get ready to move, I'll help. (JK!) I am tickled that you liked our idea. We had be shopping for materials to build our run and we were getting very frustrated at the possible expense. Then my husband asked if I would object to using the garage kit we already had. It was dismantled, laying in a corner of the pasture covered with creepers and buried in weeds. It took us half a day to uncover it, but it was worth it. If I can figure out how to get pics on BYC (I'm working on it), I'll share those.

20190321_102032_Signature.jpg
20190321_101841_Burst01_Signature.jpg
20190321_101910_Signature.jpg

I sprayed an old closet door with flexseal so I could use it in our quail aviary. Much lighter than the old garden gate I had in there, which I moved back out to the yard for the chickens to use as cover.

Old plant pots that had broken bottoms I recycled to put in with the quail too. They're little areas of cover to escape rain and wind. I find eggs in the one I stuffed with hay.

Glad I could be of assistance. Let me know when you get ready to move, I'll help. (JK!) I am tickled that you liked our idea. We had be shopping for materials to build our run and we were getting very frustrated at the possible expense. Then my husband asked if I would object to using the garage kit we already had. It was dismantled, laying in a corner of the pasture covered with creepers and buried in weeds. It took us half a day to uncover it, but it was worth it. If I can figure out how to get pics on BYC (I'm working on it), I'll share those.
Pics! Yes! We LOVE Pics!

window with pallet trim 3.jpg window with pallet trim.jpg window with pallet trim 2.jpg pallet wood trim.jpg pallet wood trim 2.jpg I found a couple old windows at my local dump that they didn't mind me taking. i added a little pallet trim so the window appeared to be sitting flush on the wall. I got a bunch of pallets to use for trim so I save money there to buy other hardware or whatever i would need. Collecting is my thing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-17-20-04-34.png
    Screenshot_2017-12-17-20-04-34.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom