Pics
58ECE1F7-5E61-4FBF-AFF1-93DAA3D0F99B.jpeg
Here’s my gem:) I’m excited to see her grow. I’m hoping her eggs are a pretty addition to the egg basket.

Hubby and I bought 4 sapphire gem chicks from rural king and I just love their color. They fit right in with the flock we have already .I have 2 that are identical and I have 2 that are a lighter shade of blue they are very well mannered kid friendly and they love attention. Here is a picture of one that we are currently let rest cause it was limping and she is recooping her name is Emma ruled lol
20180612_141431.jpg

Might have gotten our first egg today! Girls hatched 02/12 so they were 17 weeks yesterday. Currently integrating with older flock. 3 old sexlinks are in run with SGs and I got 3 eggs this morning. Figured it was 3 sexlinks. But one egg was really small. I took note but didn't think much of it. Then the one sexlink was put in temporary chicken jail for being royally mean...and laid an egg. .so that means one of my SGs must have laid that smaller egg. Woo hoo!!
20180612_183441.jpg

Last edited:
Might have gotten our first egg today! Girls hatched 02/12 so they were 17 weeks yesterday. Currently integrating with older flock. 3 old sexlinks are in run with SGs and I got 3 eggs this morning. Figured it was 3 sexlinks. But one egg was really small. I took note but didn't think much of it. Then the one sexlink was put in temporary chicken jail for being royally mean...and laid an egg. .so that means one of my SGs must have laid that smaller egg. Woo hoo!!View attachment 1428596
And it looks like there are some speckles on it:) nice

Might have gotten our first egg today! Girls hatched 02/12 so they were 17 weeks yesterday. Currently integrating with older flock. 3 old sexlinks are in run with SGs and I got 3 eggs this morning. Figured it was 3 sexlinks. But one egg was really small. I took note but didn't think much of it. Then the one sexlink was put in temporary chicken jail for being royally mean...and laid an egg. .so that means one of my SGs must have laid that smaller egg. Woo hoo!!View attachment 1428596
Congratulations!! I have one who has started squatting so I am hoping for an egg soon too.

Back
Top Bottom