Pics
Does anyone have current pictures of their roo?
Because he was white-dot-less and darker, I'm not 100% sure he is SG.
It's been a fun, yet confusing few months, for sure!!

I just have girls!

Attachments

• A564F662-D920-4A0B-8156-EC85CF2BDF67.jpeg
    A564F662-D920-4A0B-8156-EC85CF2BDF67.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 44
Anyone notice any brown feathering in your sapphire gems? I ordered 6 female sapphire gems from Hoovers Hatchery, one has brown feathering in the neck. It's very odd, I don't see any brown in the others at all.

They are 11 weeks old as of today. Pictures taken this morning.
View attachment 1465901 View attachment 1465900
Oh wow none of mine had feathers like that either. That’s interesting. I have one who has one shiny blue feather in between her wing blades but nothing like yours.

It does make for an interesting contrast though.

I don't know if Hoover's sells them, but that looks like it could be a Blue Copper Marans.
Also :frow I'm also from Western, KY!

Anyone notice any brown feathering in your sapphire gems? I ordered 6 female sapphire gems from Hoovers Hatchery, one has brown feathering in the neck. It's very odd, I don't see any brown in the others at all.

VERY little. Only a sporadic feather here or there but Def there. Mine are from Hoover via TSC :)

Last edited:
Hey there! I posted a pic on another thread, and was pointed in this direction. My daughter brought home a chick that was supposed to be a sexlinked sapphire gem pullet back in March.
She, I mean he, is such a good chicken. lol
I wanted to share these pics with y'all!
Gorgeous! And your chic looks just like all of my girls did as chicks so we now know light coloration/light legs is NOT a sex linked feature. I think the only determining factor is indeed, that darn head spot that disappears way too soon. My roos are much lighter....I'll try to get a pic today as it might be their last day. Though they're so personable, I'm struggling with the idea of sending them to camp. I prepared myself early on by naming them Freezer and Camper :/

Gorgeous! And your chic looks just like all of my girls did as chicks so we now know light coloration/light legs is NOT a sex linked feature. I think the only determining factor is indeed, that darn head spot that disappears way too soon. My roos are much lighter....I'll try to get a pic today as it might be their last day. Though they're so personable, I'm struggling with the idea of sending them to camp. I prepared myself early on by naming them Freezer and Camper :/

I truly was in denial, even though his comb and waddle made a statement! Then the noises came...lol...still tried to deny. Finally, I had to figure out what I was going to do.
I am looking at some 6 week old pullets this weekend. Quarantines and integration is the next part of this experience!
Yes, please post pics prior to the dinner plate!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom