Pics
Also look out for a barring pattern. The barring pattern is only prevalent on the males. Females are solid grey
Is this barring?

Attachments

• ADFFBC32-8377-49C9-9AAC-38C89A5986D3.jpeg
    ADFFBC32-8377-49C9-9AAC-38C89A5986D3.jpeg
    349.7 KB · Views: 69
View attachment 1515486
That does look like barring but a lot of us had girls that looked slightly barred when their feathers first came in but once they had all of their feathers they were solid. I attached a picture of one of mine when she was a baby to show and example.
That looks just mine except she has white on her wings and her beak is all yellow. I guess I will just have to wait and see what she looks like in another month or two. She is definitely growing faster than any of my other chicks.

That looks just mine except she has white on her wings and her beak is all yellow. I guess I will just have to wait and see what she looks like in another month or two. She is definitely growing faster than any of my other chicks.
The waiting part is the worse! I hope it goes fast and she is just a fast growing pullet :fl

My girl was only a few days older than the other three (different breeds) she’s always been bigger than them. So don’t worry too much about the size.
The waiting part is the worse! I hope it goes fast and she is just a fast growing pullet :fl
At about what age will I know for sure what this one is? The legs are definitely thicker than my other SG, and she is the only one who will bow when I show up at the brooder. Not sure if that is actual chicken body language or if she knows where the food comes from lol.

At about what age will I know for sure what this one is? The legs are definitely thicker than my other SG, and she is the only one who will bow when I show up at the brooder. Not sure if that is actual chicken body language or if she knows where the food comes from lol.
Usually 6-8 weeks. Sometimes it can take longer. Around 12 weeks is when the male feathering will start to come in.

Back
Top Bottom