What is it???

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by joebwe25, Dec 26, 2007.

  1. joebwe25

    joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

    Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    OK, For Christmas, my aunt gave my mom this "thing". My aunt got it from her friend.
    The person her friend got it from says the "Thing" is an egg sizer.
    So I tried it out with some eggs, and the holes hardly vary in size at all!
    Yes, even if it is an egg sizer, the holes are not in any particular order. [​IMG]
    And the "thing" is homemade, so that's probably why they vary in size a little.
    Could it be an egg candler?? Something else?? And it does have 12 holes, that's why I think it has something to do with eggs.
    Here's a pic -
    There we are.
    The apx. measurements are - 16''x5''
    I hope you can tell me what this is, and I would greatly appreciate it.
  2. arlee453

    arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

    Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC

    It's a board with holes drilled in it.

    Sorry, I couldn't resist. [​IMG]
  3. Kristina

    Kristina Chillin' With My Peeps

    Apr 30, 2007
    South Louisiana
    Hmmm...maybe like an antique egg carton? (except not styrofoam [​IMG] ) Just a wild guess!
  4. okiechick57

    okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

    [​IMG] Couldnt help you on that one.sure could be an egg sizer,but odd the holes are so close in size, I think I would make it into a unique picture frame !
  5. hsm5grls

    hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

    Oct 3, 2007
    I don't know what it is but I think it is really cool looking. I think it would be pretty in the middle of the dinning room table with pillar candles in each hole. I love things like that.
  6. warren

    warren Chillin' With My Peeps

    Sep 29, 2007
    Could it be a rack to store eggs in?
  7. tazcat70

    tazcat70 I must be crazy!

    Nice Christmas thingy.?.?.?

    I say make it into an egg turner and put it into an incubator!!! Then you could enjoy it for several generations! [​IMG]

  8. Rosalind

    Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

    Mar 25, 2007
    Is that a hook on top? Is it supposed to hang off the wall?
  9. joebwe25

    joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

    Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    I dunno, but that IS a hook on top.
  10. briand55

    briand55 Out Of The Brooder

    Dec 26, 2007
    Finger Lakes
    My husband and I are from wine country in the Finger Lakes of NY. Since we really can't see the respective size of the board of holes, we think it may be a rittling (sp?) rack used for storing Champagne. Champagne in the bottle has to be stored upside-down. Have a great day. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by