what is the best nipple drinker setup?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by youngenbreeder, Sep 6, 2011.

1. youngenbreeder

youngenbreeder Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2011
    i was wondering what is the best setup and the best place to buy in australia. i was thinking ebay but was thinking the quality might be alittle low. i have looked at farmtek and those type of sights but all dont ship to australia. wanting to see some nipple system designs. cheers.

2. larsonll

larsonll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    West Georgia
    I bought some nipples on Ebay and they arrived from China. They look and perform identically to my FarmTek nipples. I hope you have the same experience.

3. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    They are not the same as farmtek but work very similar. They are lower quality but function ok.

4. airmechreed

airmechreed Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    G-day I purchased mine off amazon. Five for ten bucks. Used a two inch pipe abs plastic black as white encourages alge ( not sure the metric conversion for size) five feet of green garden hose attached with fittings to a five gal bucket( grey color again for alge) and piped to the two inch abs pipe with five nipples and it works great.

5. Neil Grassbaugh

Neil Grassbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    Quote:Nearly all of the desperate requests for help I receive regardiing poorly funcioning water nipples relate to the cheap ones from China.

But you can save your money and buy from the Communist Chinese!

The nipple drinkers that I sell are the same as FarmTek and QC Supply sell are made in Holland. I also have two brands made in the USA that looks a bit differnt so nobody here will buy them. There is also a very fine drinker from Germany. The nipple drinkers from China are pretty much a third world quality product.

6. Chicky boom boom 27

Chicky boom boom 27 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 6, 2011
    Iowa
    Does anyone have pictures of their set-up? I'm a newbie and would like something easier than dumping poo-ey water.

Thanks!

T

7. airmechreed

airmechreed Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Colorado Springs
    PM me your email address I will send you pics

8. youngenbreeder

youngenbreeder Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2011
    thanks for your replies. niel do you have any that i can get over here for a decent price? cheers.

9. shober

shober Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Hey Neil,

How do we buy from you?[​IMG]

10. Neil Grassbaugh

Neil Grassbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by