What is the best way to keep a lonely chick company?

Lexievans11990

Songster
Aug 18, 2019
North Georgia
I have a lonely chick because when my turkeys were sitting on their nests, I went out to check them one day and I found a chicken egg under them. It’s happened a few times before lol but I don’t usually hatch chickens, I hatch turkeys, anyways I guess they stole it or a chicken laid in their nest, anyways I obviously wasn’t going to get rid of it because it’s fertilized. The chick hatched and I’ve had him for about 4 days now. He’s doing good eating and drinking well. The turkeys are expected to be here Tuesday so he’ll have to be alone until he gets some buddies. Anyway, I have been handling him and talking to him and he’s pretty tame and loves to be held already, but I feel like I’m not entertaining him enough. Does anyone have any suggestions that will help us till Tuesday? :jumpy
this is him! his fuzzy toes are so cute

Attachments

• E1AEEBF8-4386-4B5C-8CAB-1E2E0FE71161.jpeg
    E1AEEBF8-4386-4B5C-8CAB-1E2E0FE71161.jpeg
    286 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Any other suggestions?? I have a Americauna/Buff Orpington pullet (DOB 4/21/21) and we JUST lost her only brood mate.
I recommend giving her a stuffed animal to cuddle with! I gave my chick one weeks ago when he was lonely and he loves it, he still has it with him and the other chicks enjoy it too :) it will definitely make them feel less lonely because my chick would non stop chirp when I would leave the room but after I gave him the stuffed animal, he stopped doing that

Back
Top Bottom