What is the difference between Lavender Orpington and Isabel Orpington?

That hen isn't partridge.
IDK what to call her. She's mixed patterns.
IDK what the other one is either. I'm not familiar with a pattern like that.
Honestly questioning their breed. Better pics would help.
@Overo Mare
Tag you're it.
Agreed. Definitely need better pics.

The one we can see (2nd pic) has the Brahma look to her, but with an incorrect comb. Need full body pics in good lighting though.

Agreed. Definitely need better pics.

The one we can see (2nd pic) has the Brahma look to her, but with an incorrect comb. Need full body pics in good lighting though.
second pic is a cockerel, and he does have a pea comb. Looks straight from the side, doesn't it. They are sure unique, which is why I'm asking. I believe I need to find a different breeder of partridge brahmas .... this pullet is from the last hatch of these I did, and seems to me what I was expecting for partridge. This is one of the two cockerels that I have .... this one has more blue in his under feathers; the other has the very black head and hackles.

Attachments

• brahma.blue.partridge.jpg
    brahma.blue.partridge.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7670.JPG
    IMG_7670.JPG
    487.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
second pic is a cockerel, and he does have a pea comb. Looks straight from the side, doesn't it. They are sure unique, which is why I'm asking. I believe I need to find a different breeder of partridge brahmas .... this pullet is from the last hatch of these I did, and seems to me what I was expecting for partridge. This is one of the two cockerels that I have .... this one has more blue in his under feathers; the other has the very black head and hackles.
First has the wrong skin color. No reason to believe it's not a Brahma though. Not sure where that skin color came from however. Does that one have a pea as well?

Oh look at that! He does. Crazy how much difference a photo angle makes.

To me they look like maybe they came out of a Brahma project pen.

First has the wrong skin color. No reason to believe it's not a Brahma though. Not sure where that skin color came from however. Does that one have a pea as well?

Oh look at that! He does. Crazy how much difference a photo angle makes.

To me they look like maybe they came out of a Brahma project pen.
As much as I like these ... I've invested quite a bit of emotion and $$ into the attempt to get blue partridge brahmas. I've purchased 3 dozen eggs .... and I have these 4 to show for it. I had a few more like this last pullet, but lost them to a cat. Any recommendations? I sure appreciate your input :)

As much as I like these ... I've invested quite a bit of emotion and $$ into the attempt to get blue partridge brahmas. I've purchased 3 dozen eggs .... and I have these 4 to show for it. I had a few more like this last pullet, but lost them to a cat. Any recommendations? I sure appreciate your input :)
Gosh that stinks. I'm sorry!

Sure thing! Sorry I couldn't help more. I actually think I may know someone that may be able to point you in the right direction.

@Rhodebar Lover! You know any sources for blue partridge?

Ya I hate to say it but these are kind of a mess. It sucks (been there done that too many times) but I'd cut my loses and look to start over.
I've never had good luck with brahmas and that slow maturing rate would make me crazy but if that wasn't the case i'd be raising brahmas.
Now days there's a lot of cool varieties coming out and I've seen a lot of nice birds.
I can't help with a source but I think you'll find what you're looking for. Just be diligent and patient.

Ya I hate to say it but these are kind of a mess. It sucks (been there done that too many times) but I'd cut my loses and look to start over.
I've never had good luck with brahmas and that slow maturing rate would make me crazy but if that wasn't the case i'd be raising brahmas.
Now days there's a lot of cool varieties coming out and I've seen a lot of nice birds.
I can't help with a source but I think you'll find what you're looking for. Just be diligent and patient.
Thanks so much for your advice :). I'm wondering if they're worth it ... although they sure are pretty, so are a LOT of other birds that produce better and aren't so big. Will sure think about the cost of some replacements.

Gosh that stinks. I'm sorry!

Sure thing! Sorry I couldn't help more. I actually think I may know someone that may be able to point you in the right direction.

@Rhodebar Lover! You know any sources for blue partridge?
Sadly I don't know of any breeder off the top of my head. As @Auntiejessi3 said, Carolina Rare Chicks has about every other project color though. I personally have the non-blue Partridge Brahmas from them and they're of nice quality but I will say their personalities are a bit much at times compared to the other varieties. My girls are very bite-y and the cockerel I rehomed apparently became aggressive and had to be re-rehomed... 😳 They also carry solid blue ones so you could potentially recreate blue partridge although that would be a bit time consuming.
B56D7CAE-7007-45D3-9083-F6CC3353F219.jpeg

88FDA9E8-2866-4A86-AF06-2375F16CD137.jpeg

3A077295-CC16-4A30-BAB6-2ECF8869E107.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom