What is this bad boy... and how to cook him?

not your mom

Hatching
7 Years
May 31, 2012
He was acquired from a local school - the kids hatched eggs, admired the chicks, and then had to find homes for them. He found mine. For the first year he was very timid, so we didn't mind watching Fancy Pants Pretty Boy hang out with the hens. But this spring he turned suicidal and started attacking humans. So... he's in the freezer. Not a lot of meat on the bones, but a decent size.

Trying to decide if he'd be good barbequed - since 'tis the season - or if I'd better wait for a cold rainy day and slow-cook him in a stew. He was a little over a year old. (Those are small feathers on the lower legs - weird.) What breed is he, and any advice on cooking?

He looks to have been a mixed breed roo. At that age I'd be leary of the bbq, sounds like leather to me. I'd opt for low and slow--like in the crockpot, then shred the meat for enchiladas!

if you want to BBQ him you'll need to pressure cook first than put him in a grill basket or tin foil and grill with favorite sauce he looks like a black copper marans cross

Back
Top Bottom