What is this on my chickens face??

Okay, today on further inspection Ms Pretty has gotten more of these lumps and they all have growing scabs on them. She has two big ones on her face and several smaller ones around her ears and neck. There is nothing under the scabs and the lumps are rather firm. Is this possibly fowl pox or could it be worse? Tumors or ??? I’m perplexed as I would think fowl pox would be more on her comb and others would show signs of it…which makes me think something else? Think a vet is necessary now? She has no other outward symptoms of anything…no respiratory distress, no unclear eyes, not fluffed up, still eating and drinking and pooping. What is wrong with my poor baby?? 😞😞😞

Attachments

• 034A17C7-D239-467C-8750-EE0DDFE0E8A8.jpeg
    034A17C7-D239-467C-8750-EE0DDFE0E8A8.jpeg
    396.5 KB · Views: 4
  • EC7747AC-CA0F-4213-9BA6-35592523BB78.jpeg
    EC7747AC-CA0F-4213-9BA6-35592523BB78.jpeg
    442.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 52F4D623-2CBA-4337-B0C8-73F207CC8F2D.jpeg
    52F4D623-2CBA-4337-B0C8-73F207CC8F2D.jpeg
    449.2 KB · Views: 3
Yes I would say definitely go to a vet. Especially since its so swollen and making her eye close. Odd.....idk, good luck! Keep us posted!!!!

Do you perhaps have venomous spiders or snakes in your vecinity?

This could also stem from some predator bite to her head.
There’s a chance of black widows but I haven’t seen any…but I’d think the venom would be more all consuming and she’d look ill as well, but she seems fine. :-( I’m worried it’s something unfixable:-( I found two huge scabby lumps on her neck that went totally unnoticed. I’m so sad :-(

There’s a chance of black widows but I haven’t seen any…but I’d think the venom would be more all consuming and she’d look ill as well, but she seems fine. :-( I’m worried it’s something unfixable:-( I found two huge scabby lumps on her neck that went totally unnoticed. I’m so sad :-(
With two more lumps on her neck I think it's high time to take her to the vet for further investigation, and she might be in need of some antibiotics as well.

With two more lumps on her neck I think it's high time to take her to the vet for further investigation, and she might be in need of some antibiotics as well.
Yeah I started her on some Baytril. I’m wondering if they’re follicle cysts…I’m not sure what to do if they are besides cull her…I’m not sure they’d be able to remove the ones on her face 😞😞 she’s so healthy otherwise it hurts my heart 😢😢

Back
Top Bottom