What is up with this guy? -Pics-

Celtic Hill

Songster
9 Years
Mar 7, 2010
Scotland CT
Soo im not sure what's up with my bird, It looks like a molt, but im pretty sure it's the off season for a molt. Or he could be being picked on by the other bird, Or is it some type of mite? It's right around the head/neck area.

The pictures are clickable because they are so big, normally i would re size them but this way you can get a good look.

what i see is the feathers lok like they are still in the sheath . is this a young bird maybe a late hatch and moulting if is another bird pecking i believe ther would be open wounds still can not rule out mites or lice give it a month or so and see what happens do your bird s happen to get to bath these will help open the sheaths so the feathers can open up. one other thing comes to mind do your birds have to stick there head in a hole to eat or drink sometimes these will cause feather wear

Quote:
There is no wounds, they are in a sheath. I am not sure how old they are, but hatched this year. I separated them. I hae not given them a bath, is it just like a chicken?

Back
Top Bottom