What is wrong with this chicken?

Billie371

Chirping
Apr 21, 2021
Help! Tonight we found one dead chicken and then we found this girl twitching her head. We inspected our waters and we found mold in one of them. Could this be from the mold? If so is there any way to help her? Or does anyone know what could be wrong with her?

It won't let me add the video? Does anyone know how I can?

Attachments

• IMG20230415130842.jpg
    IMG20230415130842.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG20230415130837.jpg
    IMG20230415130837.jpg
    541 KB · Views: 6
Help! Tonight we found one dead chicken and then we found this girl twitching her head. We inspected our waters and we found mold in one of them. Could this be from the mold? If so is there any way to help her? Or does anyone know what could be wrong with her?
Eww poor girl how often do you clean it?

I did a little digging and the only thing i found related to mold with neck shaking as a sign was called Ergotism or Sod disease.
It's rare and is picked up from moldy feed but i dont see why water wouldnt do it.
Are there any more symptoms or things that are off about her?

Hard to know for sure if the death and the chicken with the neurological symptoms are related, unless you get a necropsy on Monday by your state vet. The treatment for mold is to stop the exposure. Vitamin E 400 IU softgel given orally one a day can treat some neurological symptoms. She needs to be separated to protect her from others hurting her. Seizure like behavior can occur in chickens from an unknown cause, head injuries, and vitamin E deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom