What is your chickens favorite healthy human food?

Nicole01

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 28, 2011
MN
So far I've tried watermelon, apples, pears, grapes, HB eggs, dried oats, sunflower seeds, carrots and homemade bread.

It's a tie with 100% homemade whole wheat bread and sunflower seeds. They do not like fruit at all and they will pick at the cooked carrots(won't eat raw). They get sunflower seeds daily.

I'm trying to supplement with healthy foods for the vitamin intake. I will keep trying. I have some strawberries that need picking. I'll try those today.
smile.png

Our girls love blueberries, watermelon, spinach, raspberries, yogurt, tomatoes, BOSS, and even pancakes. Yes, they go CRAZY for pancakes!
yippiechickie.gif

blueberries and grapes are my chickens' favorite foods...they also love weeds believe it or not, when I weed my vegetable garden I put the pile in there and they devour it.

Mine love tomatoes (big or small), cabbage, watermelon, cantaloupe, spinach, kale, strawberries, grapes, raisins, yogurt, frozen peas and corn, cooked potatoes, BOSS. . . forget about most vegetables, cooked or raw. They just don't want those. If you have any freezerburned meat, like ground beef or venison, thaw it out and give it to them. The little dinosaurs love it!

Back
Top Bottom