what is your chickens favorite treat ever

marvun22

Songster
7 Years
Jul 8, 2012
North Dakota
i thought the sunflower sensation happy hen treats was their favorite until about 15 minutes ago. i gave them some Yoplait peach yogurt. after i emptied the first container i had the second container. they thought it was also the peach yogurt and my really scared rooster was about 1 foot from me. the tamer ones tried to jump on me. it actually was a strawberry flavor. they didnt like it as much but they still loved it.

Mine like all sorts of treats - tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden, bread, sunflower seeds. But, by far they seem to like leftover cooked rice the best - they just go crazy for it!

My silkies love meal worms the best of anything. They really do not like sunflower seeds and stuff. They also love flax seeds, oats ( not cooked ), pumpkin treats, bread, and sorts of vegis. Hope I helped and good luck!! I really think you should let them try the meal worm treats from mypetchicken.com because they love them more then anything. You can also get the meal worm treats from tractor supply.

Yeah lol mine love them!! Also try grapes or cut up apples they like that too. They also like cabbage. If you get a whole big cabbage and through it into the cage it will keep em busy for a while!!

Mine go nuts over popcorn more than anything I've ever given them. We always bring home left overs from the movies + there is a popcorn machine at the saloon in the country club by my dads and he asks for their old popcorn for us. They absolutely LOVE it.

My chickens love bananas! You have to mush they up but they climb over eat other to it.. I give them the bananas that are just starting to get soft. It is also a great way to give medication.
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom