What is your chickens' favorite treat?

they love tuna, it seems to be some kind of addicting thing to them , i cant seem to make it past the run door without them jumping on me for the can

Last edited:
Cabbage, I tried hanging it up and it was hanging for three days. I took it down and rolled it across the run for them and they pounced on it.

Carrots, either grated or boiled whole.

Melon, and melon seeds.

Zucchini, home grown until it's HUGE with massive seeds inside. I cut them in half length ways.

Pasta, although it's not the best treat for them.

And of course meal worms and crickets. I get them from the local pet shop. I don't feed insects in the warmer months. They can catch their own.

Mine LOVE weeds of any kind (well of the kinds we have). We have dandelion, cow thistle, spiny lettuce, mallow, and grass weeds - the grass type ones or lawn clippings are one of their favorites! They also get some scratch and flax seed once a day and love that! They also love grape leaves
smile.png

Must try carrots
smile.png

Grasshoppers and fresh beetle grubs out of the ground. There's some remarkable football-like action when those get tossed into the chicken yard!

Mine love any table scraps or leftovers out of the fridge. Veggie garden scraps too. I feed them cereal sometimes too. They love cereal! Fresh out of the box, just throw it down and its gone! Sometimes I can't even get it that far. If my red rooster figures it out before anyone else does, he will start jumping for it and sometimes ends up on my lap.

Back
Top Bottom