What is your favorite breed?

What is or are your favorite breeds?

• Total voters
We all love our hens, but which breed is best? Send pictures of your favorite breed or your hens, and let's see which is the most loved breed!
I have a few favs of ours but all for different reasons ☺️
- Buff Brahma because when young they cling by my side for safety (and then run away later lol)
- Black Australorp because they’re my sweet introverted shy girls
- One particular Rhode Island Red Because she’s smart as a tack and forgets nothing 😎
- Golden Comets because they love to be picked up and squat the minute they see me coming.
- My bearded Araucana because they’re so sweet and .. well that beard 🥰
- Those little white leghorns, because they lay some gorgeous big white eggs for such a small girls and they’re sneaky and mischievous personalities.

Sorry to mention so many but clearly I love them all ❤️🤣

I started with three Rhode Island Reds. Bought them at a moving sale. We are not supposed to have chickens here, so built a small coop and run for 3 hens. I don't know how old they were but in a couple of years they died off. Picked up three Buff Orpingtons from a lady that was moving to Idaho. I liked them real well too. They were pretty verbal. I ended up selling them and bought three Black Australorps. I like them ok, but of them all, I prefer the Rhode Island Reds. Seemed to be the best for me. Nice gentle hens.

The more breeds I try the more favorites I have! Presently, my favs are Splash Australorop, Barred Rocks, Blue Amerucaunas and my Silkie. The Australorop are so big and gentle, my Barred is chatty and follows me everywhere. Amerucaunas come running to see me when I get home and are my best blue egg layers. My Silkie is the oldest, still lays and doesn't take crap from anyone!!!
MVIMG_20200920_160213.jpg
IMG_20190625_194234~2.jpg

Out of the different breeds that we have, don't even know half of what we have, my favorite are our Ameraucanas. They remind me of hawks, eventhough Iwas told the will look kind of like eagles. Not to me. Here is a pic of Ladyhawk. What do you think they look like?

Attachments

• 20200903_120138.jpg
    20200903_120138.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 5
other:

naked necks, marans, legbars, araucanas (rumpless and british), pekins, silkies, sussex (light and speckled), brakel, etc.

Back
Top Bottom